appleLPC.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 200
  • GenericUSBXHCI.jpg
    GenericUSBXHCI.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 208
LPC look like it's loaded, attached print screen

Yes.

For USB driver I have loaded the genericusbxhci driver, also attached printscr

You should be using -gux_defer_usb2 kernel flag.

seems like boot flag -gux_defer_usb2 does not help, disk ejects almost immediately still. Have tried it both as a string in the plist and as a command during boot-up

Also noted another problem, probably more generic, the audio with voodohda is not completely ok, it seems to be a bit "hot" coming in so there is distortion on recordings etc.

seems like boot flag -gux_defer_usb2 does not help, disk ejects almost immediately still. Have tried it both as a string in the plist and as a command during boot-up

Have you tried different disk devices?

Also, visit your BIOS options for USB, see if changing them helps...

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

Also noted another problem, probably more generic, the audio with voodohda is not completely ok, it seems to be a bit "hot" coming in so there is distortion on recordings etc.

Audio: Best result with patched AppleHDA. Google 'patch AppleHDA guide'. Search for suitable AppleHDA or patch it yourself. Apply appropriate DSDT patches.

DSDT patches you need for AppleHDA: https://github.com/RehabMan/Laptop-DSDT-Patch
Apply: "Audio Layout 12" (change layout-id from 12 to the layout-id used by the patched AppleHDA)
Apply: "IRQ Fix"

Determine layout-id from patched AppleHDA.kext:

First you need to know your codec id in decimal. Then look in the Info.plist for AppleHDAHardwareConfigDriver.kext (in PlugIns), find your codec id under HDAConfigDefault (there may be many entries in a sloppy patched AppleHDA or only one). The LayoutID that matches your codec id is the layout id you need.

My USB 3.0 problems seems to have been partly or fully due to the specific disk drive I tested with first. Another hdd is working perfectly and very fast so this one is ticked off.

Patching audio looks a bit to much for me right now, I'll wait and see if a driver covering the Z710 might be created down the road.

It's more than working for me with the few quirks it still has and I'll do the journey again when the time comes for 10.10..

Many many thanks for all the help!

Patching audio looks a bit to much for me right now, I'll wait and see if a driver covering the Z710 might be created down the road.

There is likely one that exists already...

can you post a full instructions for your installation on lenovo z710? I have the same laptop, and i'm very curios if your attempts are not in vain. thank you.

All the steps I did to get my z710 pretty well functioning are covered in this thread, but it's not a linear experience, it's going back on forth, testing, redoing and more testing until one is lucky enough to get a breakthrough.

All in all, some hard work later you get the reward until its time for an update, then it starts again..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back