Contribute
Register

Lenovo Z50-70 can't reach installer, Help Appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nothing working... Could the kext patches in config.plist do anything to the boot proccess ?

Unless you've added some patches, there are no patches in the config.plist.

Also, upload some photos of your BIOS settings.

Unless you've added some patches, there are no patches in the config.plist.

Also, upload some photos of your BIOS settings.

there are maybe 15 patches between HDMI Audio and Graphics patches....
BIOS in the attachments.

Attachments

• Bios Pics.zip
    12 MB · Views: 79
there are maybe 15 patches between HDMI Audio and Graphics patches....

There are no active patches in my provided config.plist files.

BIOS in the attachments.

Try without USB Legacy... but actually, I see the major problem... It is super obvious. You have Graphic Device=Discrete. Which means you have no Intel device (with that configuration... your profile is thus inaccurate). Getting nvidia graphics to work is completely different from getting Intel to work.

Suggest you enable Intel graphics...

There are no active patches in my provided config.plist files.

Try without USB Legacy... but actually, I see the major problem... It is super obvious. You have Graphic Device=Discrete. Which means you have no Intel device (with that configuration... your profile is thus inaccurate). Getting AMD graphics to work is completely different from getting Intel to work.

Suggest you enable Intel graphics...

I tried same -_- but I don't have any AMD device... and the options in Graphic card are only Descrete or UMA Only.... I tried UMA only same issue

Attachments

• IMG_0313.jpg
    IMG_0313.jpg
    973.1 KB · Views: 111
I tried same -_- but I don't have any AMD device... and the options in Graphic card are only Descrete or UMA Only.... I tried UMA only same issue

Use UMA only, just to keep nvidia out of the picture. It is unclear whether that option is an 'Optimus enabled', or 'make nvidia dedicated' (refer to your user manual). Clearly you have both Intel and nvidia. Your own profile states both nvidia and Intel. Your lspci output from post #26 shows both. Note early mention in the guide "Know your hardware"...

Also, note other comments regarding BIOS settings.

Time for you to experiment with it a bit on your own. And use video to analyse output in verbose. You don't need an internet connection for that... my suggestion is for you to do the looking.

I've given quite a few ideas in this thread and not all have been followed up on.

You could also try Unibeast/Chimera: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-unibeast.html

Use UMA only, just to keep nvidia out of the picture. It is unclear whether that option is an 'Optimus enabled', or 'make nvidia dedicated' (refer to your user manual). Clearly you have both Intel and nvidia. Your own profile states both nvidia and Intel. Your lspci output from post #26 shows both. Note early mention in the guide "Know your hardware"...

Also, note other comments regarding BIOS settings.

Time for you to experiment with it a bit on your own. And use video to analyse output in verbose. You don't need an internet connection for that... my suggestion is for you to do the looking.

I've given quite a few ideas in this thread and not all have been followed up on.

You could also try Unibeast/Chimera: http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...-booting-os-x-installer-laptops-unibeast.html

Thank you sir, will try everything possible.

Rehabman, I need one info because i got confused... USB map partitions scheme should be MBR or GUID ?

On USB it is usually best to use MBR (and two partitions as described in the guide). But BIOS implementations vary and some need GPT for UEIF boot (with one partition as described in the guide). You can know right away, as you can test your USB for UEFI boot (see if you can reach Clover) even before setting up the OS X installer on the install_osx partition.

On USB it is usually best to use MBR (and two partitions as described in the guide). But BIOS implementations vary and some need GPT for UEIF boot (with one partition as described in the guide). You can know right away, as you can test your USB for UEFI boot (see if you can reach Clover) even before setting up the OS X installer on the install_osx partition.

Rehabman, its so frustrating nothing is working even chimera (i tried every boot command) -_- could it be corrupted osx installation ?

Rehabman, its so frustrating nothing is working even chimera (i tried every boot command) ...

Which bootflags did you try? Did you follow the guide?

Note: It is not possible to try every combination. Thus why educated guesses must be made.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back