Contribute
Register

Lenovo Z50-70 can't reach installer, Help Appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
FSInject64-64.efi is required.
OsxFatBinaryDrv-64.efi is probably needed too.
(if you had followed the guide, both would be present)

VoodooPS2Controller.kext is not the one recommended in the guide.
(if you had followed the guide, you'd have 1.8.13 or 1.8.14)

Also, read the section of the guide regarding trying various ig-platform-id values.

Also, read the section of the guide regarding your hardware details in your profile. Your profile does not specify your screen resolution and depending on what it is could change the strategy quite a bit.

Also, be patient with booting. Booting the installer from USB is not quick.

In short, follow the guide as written.

I added the drivers u told me about and tried all ig-platform-ids possible
Nothing changed all leading to that scattered apple logos...
Do you think I should do anything else before I try the guide all over again ?

I added the drivers u told me about and tried all ig-platform-ids possible
Nothing changed all leading to that scattered apple logos...
Do you think I should do anything else before I try the guide all over again ?

No idea without seeing your files and photo of verbose boot. I'm not telepathic.

No idea without seeing your files and photo of verbose boot. I'm not telepathic.
LOL XD sorry mate, the scattered apple logos is the same one I showed you yesterday is appearing after verbose which means the verbose is not stucking on any lines just a scattered apple logos...
and here are the files
nLrexqV.jpg

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.2 MB · Views: 70
LOL XD sorry mate, the scattered apple logos is the same one I showed you yesterday is appearing after verbose which means the verbose is not stucking on any lines just a scattered apple logos...
and here are the files
nLrexqV.jpg

Is this booting the installer or your installed partition?
Does it continue from there (eg. only problem is the glitch during boot?)
Which ig-platform-id values have you tried?
Did you try plugging in an HDMI monitor?

Is this booting the installer or your installed partition?
Does it continue from there (eg. only problem is the glitch during boot?)
Which ig-platform-id values have you tried?
Did you try plugging in an HDMI monitor?

No I don't have OS X installed on my laptop...
I tried those,
0xa260006: HD4400/HD4600/HD5000
Other Haswell ig-platform-id values: 0xa260005, 0xa260000, 0xa160000, 0xa2e0008, 0xa2e000a

and I don't have HDMI monitor at the moment.

No I don't have OS X installed on my laptop...
I tried those,
0xa260006: HD4400/HD4600/HD5000
Other Haswell ig-platform-id values: 0xa260005, 0xa260000, 0xa160000, 0xa2e0008, 0xa2e000a

and I don't have HDMI monitor at the moment.

Try an HDMI monitor. Make sure you give it plenty of time. Booting the installer from USB is not quick. Try different USB sticks, different USB ports. Try with and without GenericUSBXHCI.kext. Note: You will need a ps2 kext in order to use your internal keyboard/trackpad once you get to the installer (it is missing from Clover/kexts).

Try also injecting EDID. See InjectEDID/CustomEDID in config.plist. (read the Clover wiki). Try with legacy enabled/disabled in BIOS.

Try an HDMI monitor. Make sure you give it plenty of time. Booting the installer from USB is not quick. Try different USB sticks, different USB ports. Try with and without GenericUSBXHCI.kext. Note: You will need a ps2 kext in order to use your internal keyboard/trackpad once you get to the installer (it is missing from Clover/kexts).

Try also injecting EDID. See InjectEDID/CustomEDID in config.plist. (read the Clover wiki). Try with legacy enabled/disabled in BIOS.

It looks it needs a lot of time.... I will try everything then I will get back here, thanks.

It looks it needs a lot of time.... I will try everything then I will get back here, thanks.

Normal startup is probably 1 - 2 mins. Give it at least 5. And it may be helpful to take a video of the verbose boot process as it may provide clues as to the error.

Normal startup is probably 1 - 2 mins. Give it at least 5. And it may be helpful to take a video of the verbose boot process as it may provide clues as to the error.

I don't know what to say now no scattered apple logos but endless loop of lines :/
I uploaded the video with attachments.

Attachments

• IMG_0295.zip
    20.7 MB · Views: 100
I don't know what to say now no scattered apple logos but endless loop of lines :/
I uploaded the video with attachments.

The video is of too low-quality to discern anything on screen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back