Contribute
Register

Lenovo Y580- i7-3610m, gtx 660m, 8gb, ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have also a lenovo y580-m772cmh. After some partitioning problems I succesfully installed mac os on it! But i've some post-installation problems (just like all the people here! :/) But for me the most convenient driver to me is the wireless conncention.

So my question is: if there's already a Kext/Driver available for the Centrino Wireless 2200 adapter?

Thanks, sorry for my bad english, I translated it with google ;)

Vincent

I have installed Mountain Lion on my Y580, I'm using an external hard drive and so far I can boot ML using Chamaleon bootloader, I edited the DSDT that I extracted it from Linux and then I patched it in OS X using DSDTSE but I still have some compiling errors, my concern right now is getting AICPM to work, or AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement, I have to use nullcpupowermanagement or I get a kernel panic, and I am waiting for the GTX 660m drivers too. I've attached my DSDT, smbios and chameleon.Boot.plist.

Attachments

• Ralfs_Files01.rar
    15.7 KB · Views: 226
So my question is: if there's already a Kext/Driver available for the Centrino Wireless 2200 adapter?

No, it's not possible. I searched for a kext/driver for this same wireless card a couple weeks ago, and it does not exist. It would be extremely difficult to make a working driver too.

I would suggest buying a cheap ($12) Atheros AR9285 or AR5B95 card off ebay. It's the most common solution, and relatively cheap.

How have people been installing Mountain Lion on their y580's? I've tried the Unibeast+Multibeast method but I simply get "waiting for root device" no matter what kext's I move around.

How have people been installing Mountain Lion on their y580's? I've tried the Unibeast+Multibeast method but I simply get "waiting for root device" no matter what kext's I move around.

Hi!
Had you system booted first time?
Did you boot it with GraphicsEnabler=No -v
Plug your USB drive to USB 2.0 controller (it's under charger input)

I've installed it and so far I've got working:
-Bluetooth
-Battery (Voodoo Battery)
-Lenovo EasyCam (works OOB)
-Sound (Voodoo HDA)

Still can't run:
-HD4000 - I used EFI string in device-properties but when I run System I only get black screen.
-USB 3.0 - Just doesn't work. When you plug sth in system hangs for a while
-Full support of Trackpad - Propably it will not work. Only 2 Fingers
-Sleep - It's propably the second most needed thing.
- GTX 660M - Will not work until we get drivers
-AR8161 Gigabit Ethernet - This is the newest LAN chip. No kexts to run it
-Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2200 - Just buy AR9285 or AR9287. Both are on BIOS whitelist.

If anyone has got working any of these things above I would be happy to see How did they get it to work.

Regards

The HD4000 works, but not on the laptop's screen. If you connect to the HDMI connection you'll see that it works on a second screen. The problem is with the Capri Framebuffer Kext. I believe the video needs to be sent to the right port. If someone could make the changes to it, this would be great. Many us would thankful!

I am wondering if someone got hardware acceleration on the internal screen of the laptop. Chimera works with hdmi.

Plug your USB drive to USB 2.0 controller (it's under charger input)

I want to jump off a bridge, I thought the 2 on the right side were USB 2.0 for some reason, didn't realize this laptop only had one USB 2.0 port.

Booted of beatifully now my only issue will be partitioning the HDD (more like wiping it and doing a clean install).

The HD4000 works, but not on the laptop's screen. If you connect to the HDMI connection you'll see that it works on a second screen. The problem is with the Capri Framebuffer Kext. I believe the video needs to be sent to the right port. If someone could make the changes to it, this would be great. Many us would thankful!

I don't think it's the input issue. I found on youtube that someone got HD4000 working on MSI laptop on internal screen with QE/CI. So it is possible. I'll look up on this kext. Thanks!

I want to jump off a bridge, I thought the 2 on the right side were USB 2.0 for some reason, didn't realize this laptop only had one USB 2.0 port.

Booted of beatifully now my only issue will be partitioning the HDD (more like wiping it and doing a clean install).

I'm really happy that you have booted it. Unfortunately only in VESA mode :( . Now the most inportant thing is to get HD4000 working on Internal Screen.
I someone achieved it or have got USB 3.0 ports working please write ;)
Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back