Contribute
Register

Lenovo U310 - Mavericks Upgrade [WIP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you, RehabMan, now everything ok!!!!

hey guys..

can someone upload all kexts needed? i got my DSDT working.

thanks in advance

anyone update to 10.9.3?

besides applehda, any other files need patched?

New AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext.

thanks... installed the combo update and patched apphda. I just have to test capri to see if I need to patch that.

I didn't need to patch AICPM ever since I did the hack/patch that cwk mentioned on the bios

thanks... installed the combo update and patched apphda. I just have to test capri to see if I need to patch that.

Capri would only need a patch if you need HDMI audio.

I didn't need to patch AICPM ever since I did the hack/patch that cwk mentioned on the bios

There may be an updated BIOS out with better backlight brightness behavior...

Capri would only need a patch if you need HDMI audio.

There may be an updated BIOS out with better backlight brightness behavior...

Thanks. I checked a couple of months ago and there wasn't for my model. I'll check again when I get a chance. will only use if I can remove whitelist.

Just got this done and wanted to document it.
Have a USB mouse handy before you start.
Using Rehabman's guide to upgrade from 10.8.4 to 10.9 (follow his guide in the Probook subforum). Install went well (boot requires PCIRootUID=0 GraphicsEnabler=No -x IGPEnabler=Yes IGPlatform=01660003)

Finish install. Reboot using USB (Fn/F12). boot 10.9 drive with -f
Go to security settings and allow apps from anywhere
Startup Multibeast. Install Trim Enabler, AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, FakeSMC, RTL ethernet).
Remove USB, reboot.

Working:
Wifi - AR9280 (WiFi/BT combo BCM943225HMB works fine also using enabler)
Camera
USB (tested with mouse and USB2 flash drive) on all ports
Trackpad - reinstall Rehabman's voodoo
Keyboard - reinstall Rehabman's voodoo
Battery meter - use Rehabman's battery meter
Audio - Patch 10.9 applehda
HDMI Audio - patch FrameBufferCapri kext
Sleep is slower in Mavs vs ML. It now takes 15-20 secs to fall asleep

Not Working (so far)

I just got my u310 yesterday and I'm already amazed at how amazing everything works on 10.9.2!!

I didn't have any problems with the Disk Manager when booting from the USB installer. Basically I clicked ignore on the popup about the Fusion Drive, formatted both the mSata SSD and the HDD and installed OSX on the mSata. I don't know if it was the right thing to do, but at least it gave me a superfast system with a big HDD :).

The second thing that went waaaaay better than expected was wifi. I was amazingly lucky enough to have the AR9280 on board, giving me working wifi after simply adding my device id to AirPortAtheros40.kext. Thanks to Rehabman bluetooth works as well!!

The only hiccup I encountered was getting ethernet to work (already thought it was busted :p). Basically, network settings would tell me "Ethernet has a self-assigned IP address" and do nothing. To solve it, click on Ethernet --> Advanced --> Tab; Hardware --> Drop Down Menu; Configure: Manually - Speed: 10baseT/UTP - Duplex: Half-duplex.

Now I'm enjoying the notebook the way I intended when I bought it; a cheap but worthy alternative to a Macbook Air, just to be used to prepare my lessons etc..

An enormous thank you goes to:
Rehabman, Ikkoku and cwk9852. Without them, this would have been impossible for me.

To be brief, the installation guides were so detailed that I got everything working in under 3 hours!!

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    447.5 KB · Views: 132
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    538.1 KB · Views: 148
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    852.5 KB · Views: 113
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    616 KB · Views: 123
The second thing that went waaaaay better than expected was wifi. I was amazingly lucky enough to have the AR9280 on board, giving me working wifi after simply adding my device id to AirPortAtheros40.kext. Thanks to Rehabman bluetooth works as well!!

AR9280 is supported natively. No need to edit any kext or add any kext. You must have something other than AR9280...

The only hiccup I encountered was getting ethernet to work (already thought it was busted :p). Basically, network settings would tell me "Ethernet has a self-assigned IP address" and do nothing. To solve it, click on Ethernet --> Advanced --> Tab; Hardware --> Drop Down Menu; Configure: Manually - Speed: 10baseT/UTP - Duplex: Half-duplex.

See here: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/296190-driver-for-realteks-rtl810x-fast-ethernet-series/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back