Contribute
Register

Lenovo ThinkPad X230 (Tablet) compatibility?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I did remove HDAEnabler, did the clean and repair using DPCIManager, then edidet DSDT to use id 28, here an extract from the HDEF Section:
Code:
Device (HDEF)
            {
                Name (_ADR, 0x001B0000)
                Name (_S3D, 0x03)
                Name (RID, Zero)
                Name (_PRW, Package (0x02)
                {
                    0x0D, 
                    0x04
                })
                Method (_PSW, 1, NotSerialized)
                {
                    Noop
                }

Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)
                {
                    If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero))
                    {
                        Return (Buffer (One)
                        {
                            0x03
                        })
                    }

Return (Package (0x06)
                    {
                        "layout-id", 
                        Buffer (0x04)
                        {
                            0x1C, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00
                        }, 

"hda-gfx", 
                        Buffer (0x0A)
                        {
                            "onboard-1"
                        }, 

"PinConfigurations", 
                        Buffer (Zero) {}
                    })
                }
            }

Compiled, rebootet.
In "About this Mac" I can see the device ID is 28 now and all available connections look good to me. Unfortunately sound is still not working. In Sound->Output Pane I only see my Airplay device but not the built-in one.

IOService:/AppleACPIPlatformExpert/PCI0@0/AppleACPIPCI/HDEF@1B shows "layout-id" -> "<1c 00 00 00>" so as far as I understood this is the way it should be. Will try another EC reset now, but guess that won't help since all values seem to be correct.

Post ioreg if you want me to look, but it could be this AppleHDA is not compatible with your audio...

Attachments

• MacBookPro_HDAissue.ioreg.zip
    371.8 KB · Views: 117
an update for interested followers of the x230 mackintosh on the open sound issue: I couldn't get sound to work with patched AppleHDA after trying for some days. So finally I went back to voodooHDA 2.7.3 which gives me sound output but with a huge delay and no input working, but at least it does something. I am not happy with it but maybe someone else is more successful. I have a feeling that I just messed up some drives while trying all the different approaches to get sound and by now I simply can't invest more time to do a complete reinstall of Mavericks to try if it works with the above mentioned AppleHDA and DSDT patches. Good Luck to anyone else trying, let me know if you can get sound out of your x230 without the VoodooHDA driver under Mavericks.

HI all, hi Freeman,

I came across this thread on my journey to install OSX on my x230 (no "t"-Version though, which seens to be not the worst according to the issues with the wacom device as far as I got from this thread)

I did not yet start tranforming my x230 just gathering all the information I could get so I don't run into the same issues other People ran in before.

My x230 has an i7 cpu, 512GB SSD form Samsung (pro Series), 8 GB Ram and I plan to install Snow Leopard since I have a license lying around. If it helps though, I would also be willing to buy a newer Version.

Freeman, I wonder if you managed to write down your findings in a new thread as mentioned before

I would totally be happy to receive the link, as this seems to be just what I need.

Oh. by the way: did anyone try to use the expresscard port in x230 already? I Need firewire under macosx and wanted to buy a expresscard firewire Adapter to go with the x230.

thanks a lot in advance for any input

Hi, I am alive.

Sorry for my absence, I feel like I could have helped you get your machine running quicker.

I don't believe I have speedstep running because of an ASPCI kext edit I made. I'll look into that.
Other than that, I have sound working on ML (Through VoodooHDA). The AppleHDA is a devil to patch, I could never do it. My nub works all the time, it just interprets a single click as a double click which is kind of annoying. Please ask me any questions about mavericks as I'm upgrading this week (what a great use of Spring Break, right?)

My nub works all the time, it just interprets a single click as a double click which is kind of annoying.

I lied, actually. My nub only works 70% of the time. Sometimes, ML refuses to see it upon a restart (but sometimes with a cold boot as well). I've never been able to figure that issue out either. I may wait until the weekend to install Mavericks, as I'm still setting my 8 core Lenovo desktop up (It's a ThinkStation D20, and yes I'm actually going to write a guide this time :) )

@TheFreeman: Did you manage to get Mavericks installed on your x230?

It's really simple. just look for tutorial with lenovo g580 or stuff like that ;) or... i'll post my settings sometime later ;P

EDIT: So there are two zips with Extra folders for your Unibeast USB drive and to paste into installed system. First run requires safe-mode (-x) and multibeast post-install as mentioned in post http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...uide-mavericks-lenovo-g580-19.html#post686668
Additionally tick positions refering to USB 3.0 Universal Driver to enable usb ports in docking station and PS2 drivers to enable touchpad (port of synaptics driver for thinkpad makes some bugs while using external keyboards). I also suggest installing FakeSMC plug-ins and HW monitor.

Right now it's impossible to achieve working audio through internal card, but every external one compatible with mac works like a charm :D

EDIT2: Audio works with VoodooHDA 2.7.3. Install it from multibeast and after restart fix permissions using Kext Utility.

Attachments

• USB_Extra.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 112
  • After_Install_Extra.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 120
Hi,

On my X230 runs Maverick without major problems.
The only one is a sleep bug.

When I wake up the ThinkPad. They are very slow and I cant start any programs.

Anybody know these bug ?

Thanks Ptaaaa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back