Contribute
Register

Lenovo ThinkPad X230 (Tablet) compatibility?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
HP EliteBook 8460p
CPU
Intel i5-2520m
Graphics
AMD 6470m w/ 1600x900
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I just recently purchased a Lenovo ThinkPad X230t laptop. It's a part of Lenovo's new line of Ivy Bridge systems. I was wondering whether or not Lion will run on this machine. I've hackintoshed my desktop a few times, but this is my first serious attempt hackintoshing a laptop. My machine is the convertible tablet model, but I imagine that, save for the digitizer, the compatibility is the same as the regular X230.

The specs are as follows:

CPU: Intel i5-3320M (2.6 GHz)
GPU: Intel HD 4000
Wi-Fi: Thinkpad b/g/n 1x1 Mini-PCI-e card < I imagine this could be a problem, but I think it's a relabeled Intel card.
Ethernet: Intel 82579M Gigabit
Audio: Realtek HD Audio

Any advice or warnings would be appreciated with this setup. I haven't had a chance to try a setup yet as I have yet to build a USB drive.

Try it with Unibeast (Use bridge helper) and report back! So sense in not trying to at least see if it boots. :)

Alright, after having tracked down a real Mac to build a USB disk with, I tried setting up on the ThinkPad an ran into a wall pretty quickly.

The installer seems unable to recognize the SATA controller, leaving me stuck for now.

I followed the UniHelper instructions including running BridgeHelper afterward. Now, my first clue to this would be that the copy of the Lion Installer I used was pretty old, but I'm unsure if that matters.

I've been waiting patiently for someone to attempt this.. I haven't ordered mine yet but it should be here inside a week. As the hardware changes between the x220 and the x230 aren't huge, this comprehensive guide MIGHT get you booted: http://forum.thinkpads.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=102098

Let me know how that works out. Also, please try and identify what the sound card and motherboard are, that should help any porting that needs to be done.

Does this thread still exist? I made a thread on the new TonyMacx86, but it got deleted for copyright violations.
Let's just say I've made progress.. speedstep is working, and sound should be by the end of the weekend.... I'll keep you updated

Hi there!
Any luck with x230?

Please, my friend.
I'm just installed ML 10.8, sure wi-fi, audio, video, keyboard, touchpad, trackpoint does not work =)
btw x230 (model 2320-5xg (i5, hdd))

Dear Sir,
I dont want to disturb you, but is it possible to get your guide today?

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back