Contribute
Register

Lenovo Ideapad U410 Mountain Lion 90% working

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been trying for two days to get it to work on my U410. Seems I have the Intel wireless so no luck there.
Luckily I already found some cheap candidate wifi replacements on ebay, the atheros one seems the best option here, it's only $5 from HK.

However I'm still struggling with kernel panics on the IntelCPUPowerManagement.kext
Was the one provided here in the original post specifically patched for the U410? It seems to be labeled in red which makes me think this might be the case.
Or was this kext updated in 10.8.2 (I might try to upgrade first instead of installing the provided files here).

Of course I could always replace it with the NullPowerManagement.kext but I'm not sure which functionality I will be missing then.

Thanks

I have been trying for two days to get it to work on my U410. Seems I have the Intel wireless so no luck there.
Luckily I already found some cheap candidate wifi replacements on ebay, the atheros one seems the best option here, it's only $5 from HK.

However I'm still struggling with kernel panics on the IntelCPUPowerManagement.kext
Was the one provided here in the original post specifically patched for the U410? It seems to be labeled in red which makes me think this might be the case.
Or was this kext updated in 10.8.2 (I might try to upgrade first instead of installing the provided files here).

Of course I could always replace it with the NullPowerManagement.kext but I'm not sure which functionality I will be missing then.

Thanks

Does your wifi work outside mac? Linux said "Wifi disabled by hardware switch" - but there is no hardware switch. This happened after using OSX which does not support the Intel wifi. I now replaced it with Atheros AR5B95 Wifi and says exactly the same thing. Does anyone have this issue? It may be corrupted bios, but lenovo does not provide the version i have.

Get the folder from page one (first post) and use kexts from there. They contain the IntelCPU* which fix your KP

If you use NullCPUPowerManagement.kext you will loose any speedstepping available on the cpu, native sleep (you will need a sleepenabler) and possibly other stuff regarding power management. Your computer will be likely to run full speed all the time so your battery will get drained faster.

There you go (download attachment). Please keep in mind that I edited the DSDT, and smbios.plist to suit my needs (e.g. enable sound after wake, sleep on lid close etc). The Modules/nvram is so Messages.app doesnt complain about the connection issues.. Use at your own risk.

Good luck.

PS >> I have created the tar with `tar cf` and had to rename to .gz because tonymac's upload complained. Use `tar xf` to extract.
And my Extensions/ has about 250 mb.. If you really want them i could put it on my server.

gonna try in a few days, thank you! I only need the few kexts needed and the dsdt :D
Does intel hd4000 work with your file?

Does your wifi work outside mac? Linux said "Wifi disabled by hardware switch" - but there is no hardware switch. This happened after using OSX which does not support the Intel wifi. I now replaced it with Atheros AR5B95 Wifi and says exactly the same thing. Does anyone have this issue? It may be corrupted bios, but lenovo does not provide the version i have.

Get the folder from page one (first post) and use kexts from there. They contain the IntelCPU* which fix your KP

If you use NullCPUPowerManagement.kext you will loose any speedstepping available on the cpu, native sleep (you will need a sleepenabler) and possibly other stuff regarding power management. Your computer will be likely to run full speed all the time so your battery will get drained faster.

Are you sure you have the wifi enabled in the bios in this case? Thanks for the explanation about the IntelPowerManagement. Main problem is that once you start to hit KP's when booting, you need to start from the installation USB and open Terminal to transfer the kexts. I did transfer the Intel one, but it might be that I transfered the contents of the kext to to S/L/E and not the whole thing (suppose there is a difference if u use a trailing slash for the source in the cp bash command)

The laptop came preinstalled with Windows 8, in which the wifi was working OK. I wiped all of the partitions and checked the hardware info on ML, which displayed the vendorId as 0x8086 (Intel). I haven't tried another OS since I installed OS X but I will soon do a Ubuntu install on the bigger hard drive (want to have dual boot system). I will report my result back.

I've got my u410 more or less working to a decent standard except my wi-fi. The card in mine is an AR9485 + bluetooth, neither of which work.
So, question is, is there a Lenovo whitelisted card I can swap it out with that will work perfectly, or do I have to change BIOS to a hacked version without whitelist to get a decent replacement?

Also, anyone know if the VoodooPS2Controller trackpad drivers are supposed to support pinch to zoom etc..?

Also, anyone know if the VoodooPS2Controller trackpad drivers are supposed to support pinch to zoom etc..?

Are you using mine? If so, no, I don't support pinch-zoom (and you'll have to describe what you mean by 'etc'). Currently, all gestures work by simulating a mouse (two finger scrolling maps to mouse "wheel") or simulating keystrokes. I don't think pinch-to-zoom, or two-finger rotate would map very well into keystrokes (I think the result would suck), so I'm not going to attempt it.

Are you using mine? If so, no, I don't support pinch-zoom (and you'll have to describe what you mean by 'etc'). Currently, all gestures work by simulating a mouse (two finger scrolling maps to mouse "wheel") or simulating keystrokes. I don't think pinch-to-zoom, or two-finger rotate would map very well into keystrokes (I think the result would suck), so I'm not going to attempt it.

Yes I am using yours atm. I meant pinch/expand/twist gestures on the above post.
How do the three finger gestures work btw? when I use three fingers nothing seems to happens at all (except a beep noise sometimes). Are they not mapped to anything as default?

Yes I am using yours atm. I meant pinch/expand/twist gestures on the above post.
How do the three finger gestures work btw? when I use three fingers nothing seems to happens at all (except a beep noise sometimes). Are they not mapped to anything as default?

3-finger: You have to assign them in System Prefs -> Keyboard -> Keyboard Shortcuts. Just double click the action you want (just as the instructions say) and then do the gesture (easiest) or type the key combination that the gestures deliver. The default key combinations are documented in the README.md.

3-finger: You have to assign them in System Prefs -> Keyboard -> Keyboard Shortcuts. Just double click the action you want (just as the instructions say) and then do the gesture (easiest) or type the key combination that the gestures deliver. The default key combinations are documented in the README.md.

In installed the VoodooPS2 controller as well but it seems to give some conflicts with the one I previously had installed with MulitBeast. When I rebooted the kexts failed to load (because some of the interfaces were already loaded through the multibeast PS2 kexts) and after removing those I found that the keyboard only works after waiting about 10 minutes on the login screen. A notification about bluetooth keyboard detection comes up at that point and after it is gone, everything seems to work ok.

Was't voodooPS2 included in multibeast previously? What is the best way to install the Voodoo Kext without conflicting with the ones included in Multibeast? Other seems to report improvements in the trackpad usage so that's why I would like to give it a whirl.

thanks

In installed the VoodooPS2 controller as well but it seems to give some conflicts with the one I previously had installed with MulitBeast. When I rebooted the kexts failed to load (because some of the interfaces were already loaded through the multibeast PS2 kexts) and after removing those I found that the keyboard only works after waiting about 10 minutes on the login screen. A notification about bluetooth keyboard detection comes up at that point and after it is gone, everything seems to work ok.

Make sure you read the instructions for installing. That's why I write them.

BTW, the bluetooth thing is normal on hack laptops. Just disable it in System Prefs -> Bluetooth -> Advanced.

Was't voodooPS2 included in multibeast previously? What is the best way to install the Voodoo Kext without conflicting with the ones included in Multibeast? Other seems to report improvements in the trackpad usage so that's why I would like to give it a whirl.

Still is included in Multibeast. But it is not my version (I'm not sure what one it is, really...).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back