Contribute
Register

Lenovo Ideapad U410 Mountain Lion 90% working

Status
Not open for further replies.
If anyone gets ubuntu working please send instructions.. I tried and not wanting to waste too much time looking for graphics drivers I gave up.

I managed to install Ubuntu 12.04 on the ultrabook. However I didn't change the graphics settings, so in this case I'm still using HD4000 and not the optimus one. This works fine.

I head from another friend who put way more effor in this that the optimus driver didn't exist or work. I'm not sure about the status now.. but advise to stick with the HD graphics atm

What you could do is set up Fusion Drive. But careful has setbacks. My laptop took approx 1 minute to go to sleep. Testing the fusion set up showed it performed badly because of the small ssd. If it was a bit bigger would be different. It speeds it up *a little* faster but not a whole bunch.

Thanks for the info. Not really interested in setting up the fusion drive. Best scenario for me would be ml on the SSD and keep existing windows on hdd. I don't have a windows install disc so hoping to preserve the existing win installation if possible

Also found a whitelist removed bios so I'll try that and swap out the wlan

Hello,

I bought U410 last week and try to install ML 10.8.2 following the guide and using DSDT and kext from first post. My installation works well and I got ML running on my U410. It's my first use of Mac OS and a lot of thing I have to learn. But I need help to solve some problems.

1. My CPU speed show as 1.6 GHz when I use multibeast to install chimera. When I install Chameleon-2.2svn-r2170, my cpu display a correct speed (latest chimera didn't work). But I found that my audio gone. there is no sound at all and system info show as "Intel High Definition Audio" with Audio ID 12. I try to remove AppleHDA and reinstall it again but result is the same. How can I get my audio back?

2. My display monitor shows as Built-in spdisplays_display 13-inch which is not correct. Are there anyways to fix it?

3. My wifi and bluetooth don't work after waking from sleep (need to restart to get them back). Closing lid don't make it to sleep. I read a thread for lenovo u310 but I don't understand how to patch DSDT correctly. Can anyone suggest me a guide or walkthrough that I can edit DSDT correctly?

4. I don't test speed step yet, but when I try to install FakeSMC plugin for HWmonitor via MultiBeast, My installation failed and when reboot, I can't use keyboard, mouse and trackpad. I have to run UniBeast in safe mode, remove FakeSMC and reinstall it. I don't know what happen?

5. If I want to do a post installation with the latest chameleon or chimera boot loader, is it necessary to install it prior to run mutibeast or kext utility?

I already test VoodooPS2Controller and I can use 3 finger (need to learn more about key mapping).

Thank you.

2. My display monitor shows as Built-in spdisplays_display 13-inch which is not correct. Are there anyways to fix it?

3. My wifi and bluetooth don't work after waking from sleep (need to restart to get them back). Closing lid don't make it to sleep. I read a thread for lenovo u310 but I don't understand how to patch DSDT correctly. Can anyone suggest me a guide or walkthrough that I can edit DSDT correctly?

2: There is a fix for this, there is a link to another guide on one of the pages.. im not sure which. It includes the way to set up fusion drive but also details the monitor fix.

3: use my extra folder (from posts above) includes a custom-made DSDT, Modules that fix Messages.app etc.
Oh and also my DSDT fixes sound when waking from sleep as well as going to sleep on lidclose.

Hope it helps!

2: There is a fix for this, there is a link to another guide on one of the pages.. im not sure which. It includes the way to set up fusion drive but also details the monitor fix.

3: use my extra folder (from posts above) includes a custom-made DSDT, Modules that fix Messages.app etc.
Oh and also my DSDT fixes sound when waking from sleep as well as going to sleep on lidclose.

Hope it helps!

Thanks for your suggestion, I will try it. But do I need to delete old Extra folder and reinstall your patched DSDT via Multibeast or just replace the old one with yours?

I also searched back to older post in this thread but I didn't find anyrhing talking about fixing the display monitor.

Thanks for your suggestion, I will try it. But do I need to delete old Extra folder and reinstall your patched DSDT via Multibeast or just replace the old one with yours?

I also searched back to older post in this thread but I didn't find anyrhing talking about fixing the display monitor.

Umm, you don't need to use multibeast for that..
Shortly: make a backup of your old /Extra and just move the Extra from zip into /

Link is on page 4 http://www.osx86.net/notebooks/19630-lenovo-ideapad-u310-perfect-ultrahackbook.html
It tells a little about the monitor.. just says you have to patch your EDID. Basically create a file inside OSX system directory containing details about your monitor. It is mere cosmetic thing.. There are many guides on how to do this, but it takes more time than its worth :)

Umm, you don't need to use multibeast for that..
Shortly: make a backup of your old /Extra and just move the Extra from zip into /

Link is on page 4 http://www.osx86.net/notebooks/19630-lenovo-ideapad-u310-perfect-ultrahackbook.html
It tells a little about the monitor.. just says you have to patch your EDID. Basically create a file inside OSX system directory containing details about your monitor. It is mere cosmetic thing.. There are many guides on how to do this, but it takes more time than its worth :)

Thanks again fr your help :)

I find one post about editinf EDID overrides, I'll try when I have time:p I also try your DSDT today and will tell you the result.

But what's your boot loader? do you have any problems about cpu speed as I got? Beacause when I updated my boot loader to the new one (at first I used the old version from multibeast), my system did not recognize sound driver. Do you have any idea about this?

Thanks again fr your help :)

I find one post about editinf EDID overrides, I'll try when I have time:p I also try your DSDT today and will tell you the result.

But what's your boot loader? do you have any problems about cpu speed as I got? Beacause when I updated my boot loader to the new one (at first I used the old version from multibeast), my system did not recognize sound driver. Do you have any idea about this?

np ;)

I had Chimera at first, then changed to chameleon but it was the same, and chimera was easier to manage.. So i am back on chimera :)
No my shows 1.8ghz i think but it is not true as it varies by CPU demand. Try the app from fakesmc section in multibeast, it should show the cpu multiplier.
I had no problem with sound actually, just installed the kexts (from first page), then chimera and voila. Job done (not really, i customised the DSDT and other stuff, but no further kexts). I am not sure why yours doesn't work, try looking at system preferences if there is option to select output device. It should also recognise in System Profiler.

np ;)

I had Chimera at first, then changed to chameleon but it was the same, and chimera was easier to manage.. So i am back on chimera :)
No my shows 1.8ghz i think but it is not true as it varies by CPU demand. Try the app from fakesmc section in multibeast, it should show the cpu multiplier.
I had no problem with sound actually, just installed the kexts (from first page), then chimera and voila. Job done (not really, i customised the DSDT and other stuff, but no further kexts). I am not sure why yours doesn't work, try looking at system preferences if there is option to select output device. It should also recognise in System Profiler.

Thanks again for your support :)

Which version of chimera do you use? If I want to have a clean installation without using the old one from MultiBeast, I should install chimera before DSDT or it's not important?

I also try to reinstall the old version from multibeast but I can't boot into ML when It boots to grey screen then restart. I have to reinstall chameleon again.

I check what happen for my sound and I found that when I use system info app to see all devices, there is no AppleHDA.kext running for audio device.

Screen Shot 2556-02-24 at 3.40.47 AM.png
Screen Shot 2556-02-24 at 3.40.33 AM.png

In system preference, there is no input and output devices and in system profiler it shows only Intel High Def Audio
Screen Shot 2556-02-24 at 3.51.56 AM.png

Thanks again for your support :)

Which version of chimera do you use? If I want to have a clean installation without using the old one from MultiBeast, I should install chimera before DSDT or it's not important?

I also try to reinstall the old version from multibeast but I can't boot into ML when It boots to grey screen then restart. I have to reinstall chameleon again.

I check what happen for my sound and I found that when I use system info app to see all devices, there is no AppleHDA.kext running for audio device.

View attachment 47441
View attachment 47442

In system preference, there is no input and output devices and in system profiler it shows only Intel High Def Audio
View attachment 47443

Hmm right. If you don't use multibeast, then the order of chimera and dsdt shouldn't matter. but im not sure, so for safety's sake install chimera and then install dsdt (manually).
I use the latest (downloaded and installed few days ago)

Weird.. I have no Panther point hardware? All of my hardware inside u410 is intel

Anyway screenshots attached..

Attachments

• hackintosh.about.png
    hackintosh.about.png
    39.9 KB · Views: 255
  • hackintosh.audio.png
    hackintosh.audio.png
    109.6 KB · Views: 291
  • hackintosh.sysinfo.png
    hackintosh.sysinfo.png
    127.9 KB · Views: 259
  • hackintosh.sysinfo.2.png