Contribute
Register

Lenovo IdeaPad Flex 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thanks for the help, I've made extensive progress and am able to boot from the USB for the moment. However upon booting into Yosemite the laptop display is garbled and only becomes clear if I connect and then disconnect an external display..

Any ideas?

Lenovo Ideapad Flex 15

i7 4500U
8GB RAM
1TB Hybrid HDD
1080x1920 15.6 LED 10 Point touch Display

Working thus far:

Trackpad (Basic Functions - Gestures)
USB 2.0/3.0
HDMI hotplugging
Touch panel

No additional kexts installed, trying to get display working from boot first..

Thanks for the help, I've made extensive progress and am able to boot from the USB for the moment. However upon booting into Yosemite the laptop display is garbled and only becomes clear if I connect and then disconnect an external display..

Any ideas?

Lenovo Ideapad Flex 15

i7 4500U
8GB RAM
1TB Hybrid HDD
1080x1920 15.6 LED 10 Point touch Display

Working thus far:

Trackpad (Basic Functions - Gestures)
USB 2.0/3.0
HDMI hotplugging
Touch panel

No additional kexts installed, trying to get display working from boot first..

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...tel-hd4200-hd4400-hd4600-mobile-yosemite.html

http://www.tonymacx86.com/yosemite-...ching-dsdt-ssdt-laptop-backlight-control.html

Thanks for your help RehabMan,

Running into a bit of a problem though, I've followed the steps in the attached guide but I'm not able to boot from the HDD directly. I get a boot device not found message. Any suggestions?

Install bootloader to your HDD.

Install bootloader to your HDD.

I assumed that is what was being completed by following the guides provided. When boot from HDD was unsuccessful, I reinserted the USB booted from that and attempted to run the clover launcher app to install the bootloader to the HDD that way. While clover does launch, when I try to start the OS, the screen goes black and stays that way..

I assumed that is what was being completed by following the guides provided. When boot from HDD was unsuccessful, I reinserted the USB booted from that and attempted to run the clover launcher app to install the bootloader to the HDD that way. While clover does launch, when I try to start the OS, the screen goes black and stays that way..

You have to have a correct Clover configuration (EFI drivers, config.plist, etc), much like you did on USB.

You have to have a correct Clover configuration (EFI drivers, config.plist, etc), much like you did on USB.

I choose the same setttings once I've booted into OSX and run Clover_V2. How do I add the EFI drivers, config.plist and my customized DDST?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back