Contribute
Register

Lenovo G510 - Mostly working, help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somehow I was under the impression those patches were needed only to fix compilation errors...sigh

Anyway, I've reapplied all patches to DDST/SSDT and now sleep has disappeared entirely,

What do you mean "sleep has disappeared entirely"?

and is not available in Energy Saver

Normal for recent SMBIOS (eg. MacBookPro11,x/MacBookAir6,x and later).

and when invoked manually only turns off the display.

I assume by "invoked manually" you mean Apple->Sleep. If so, by design. There is a ~15 sec delay before sleep starts.

What do you mean "sleep has disappeared entirely"?

Normal for recent SMBIOS (eg. MacBookPro11,x/MacBookAir6,x and later).

I assume by "invoked manually" you mean Apple->Sleep. If so, by design. There is a ~15 sec delay before sleep starts.

Oh, I was used to the option to schedule sleep being present under Energy Saver. Apparently that's changed o_o

I misunderstood what was happening, you're right - the laptop does sleep (power light blinks off) but wakes instantly thereafter (which sounds like what "7-series/8-series USB" and "7-series USB3 Multiplex" were supposed to address?).

Oh, I was used to the option to schedule sleep being present under Energy Saver. Apparently that's changed o_o

I misunderstood what was happening, you're right - the laptop does sleep (power light blinks off) but wakes instantly thereafter (which sounds like what "7-series/8-series USB" and "7-series USB3 Multiplex" were supposed to address?).

Your DSDT does not appear to have the patches you think it has...

No evidence in ioreg of "USB 7-series/8-series" for example...

Download patchmatic: https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-maciasl-patchmatic/downloads/RehabMan-patchmatic-2015-0107.zip
Extract the 'patchmatic' binary from the ZIP. Copy it to /usr/bin, such that you have the binary at /usr/bin/patchmatic.

In terminal,
Code:
rm -R ~/Downloads/RehabMan
mkdir ~/Downloads/RehabMan
cd ~/Downloads/RehabMan
patchmatic -extract

Post contents of Downloads/RehabMan directory (as ZIP).

Also, post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html. Please, use the IORegistryExplorer v2.1 attached to the post! DO NOT reply with an ioreg from any other version of IORegistryExplorer.app.

And output from:
Code:
kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu

Also, post EFI/Clover folder.

Your DSDT does not appear to have the patches you think it has...

No evidence in ioreg of "USB 7-series/8-series" for example...

I went back and reapplied all the patches to the DDST I mentioned, behavior is still the same.

Terminal Commands Output:

Code:
$ kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
   13    2 0xffffff7f81f07000 0x65000    0x65000    com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (3.1) <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>
$ kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
$ (empty)

Clover Folder, IOReg, and Patchmatic DDST/SSDTs attached.

Attachments

• Results 7.zip
    7.5 MB · Views: 54
I went back and reapplied all the patches to the DDST I mentioned, behavior is still the same.

Terminal Commands Output:

Code:
$ kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
   13    2 0xffffff7f81f07000 0x65000    0x65000    com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (3.1) <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>
$ kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
$ (empty)

Clover Folder, IOReg, and Patchmatic DDST/SSDTs attached.

Instead of multiplex patch, use "USB3 _PRW(0xD) and Rename XHC to XHC1"

Instead of multiplex patch, use "USB3 _PRW(0xD) and Rename XHC to XHC1"

That did it! Sleep now works properly, thank you.

Three other questions I had:

1. I now notice that for a short period (10 or 15 seconds) after boot on the log in screen, the mouse and keyboard respond very sluggishly. I think this might have something to do with my Clover configuration (just a guess) but I can't find any related settings
  2. Right now I am using VoodooHDA for audio (Intel HD Audio), I recall reading somewhere, I think by you, that AppleHDA is a better alternative, but I can't find the post addressing that. (? I might be misremembering)
  3. Is there any way to schedule the idle time before sleep?

That did it! Sleep now works properly, thank you.

Two other questions I had:

[*]I now notice that for a short period (10 or 15 seconds) after boot on the log in screen, the mouse and keyboard respond very sluggishly. I think this might have something to do with my Clover configuration (just a guess) but I can't find any related settings

It could be a bluetooth issue. What bluetooth device do you have?

If you haven't replaced your WiFi, you probably have a "less than compatible" bluetooth as well...

[*]Right now I am using VoodooHDA for audio (with my Intel HD Audio), I recall reading somewhere, I think by you, that AppleHDA is a better alternative, but I can't find the post addressing that. (? I might be misremembering)

AppleHDA is covered in the FAQ.

[*]Is there any way to schedule the idle time before sleep?

There probably is, but I don't know what it is.

It could be a bluetooth issue. What bluetooth device do you have?

If you haven't replaced your WiFi, you probably have a "less than compatible" bluetooth as well...

AppleHDA is covered in the FAQ.

There probably is, but I don't know what it is.

The card that is in the laptop now is not compatible with OS X (I think it's an Atheros) so Bluetooth and Wifi aren't working. To clarify, I was referring to the laptop's trackpad and keyboard.

The card that is in the laptop now is not compatible with OS X (I think it's an Atheros) so Bluetooth and Wifi aren't working. To clarify, I was referring to the laptop's trackpad and keyboard.

Non-working bluetooth can interfere with the entire input system.

Non-working bluetooth can interfere with the entire input system.

OK, that clears that up then. It'll be fixed when I replace the Wifi card with a BCM94352HMB.

About AppleHDA I see this from the Laptop Compatibility Guide (what exactly are you referring to as the FAQ?)

- Audio: Getting audio to work generally depends on finding or creating a patched AppleHDA (for best results and stability, don't use VoodooHDA except as a last resort). Although patching AppleHDA for any audio codec is possible, it is very involved, requires technical skills you may not have, and is time consuming.

EDIT: I'm thinking it is this guide but I want to be certain: http://www.tonymacx86.com/hdmi-audio/143760-audio-hdmi-audio-applehda-guide.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back