Contribute
Register

Lenovo G510 - Mostly working, help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
can you tell me which kext you use for ethernet???

Use DPCIManager (PCI List) to determine which Ethernet chipset you have.

No ideas without specifics on the problem and files... Post current ioreg/patchmatic/Clover info.

I thought I did? They're in my posts above.

I thought I did? They're in my posts above.

You said you switched to AppleUSBXHCI. No files have been provided since you did that.

I didn't - I put GenericUSBXHCI back.

GenericUSBXHCI.kext has issues on Yosemite. Not recommended. If you're to use GenericUSBXHCI.kext, use kernel flag -gux_defer_usb2.

Report back with (the usual) files.

GenericUSBXHCI.kext has issues on Yosemite. Not recommended. If you're to use GenericUSBXHCI.kext, use kernel flag -gux_defer_usb2.

Report back with (the usual) files.

Hmm, adding that flag results in Kernel Panic (circle with a line through it). Without it, USB seems fine? What guide is it that contains information on setting up USB properly (actually, I'm not sure how to tell if I need GenericUSBXHCI or the Apple one?)

OK. The IOReg and DDST/SSDT files are in Results 3.zip. EFI/CLOVER is attached as well. Latest, this time with Generic USB kext removed (no kernel flag, of course).

Output:

Code:
$ kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
   13    2 0xffffff7f81f8f000 0x65000    0x65000    com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (3.1) <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>
$ kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
$ (empty)

Attachments

• CLOVER May 30, 2015.zip
    7.3 MB · Views: 87
  • Results 3.zip
    381.8 KB · Views: 64
OK. The IOReg and DDST/SSDT files are in Results 3.zip. EFI/CLOVER is attached as well. Latest, this time with Generic USB kext removed (no kernel flag, of course).

Output:

Code:
$ kextstat|grep -y acpiplat
   13    2 0xffffff7f81f8f000 0x65000    0x65000    com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (3.1) <12 11 7 6 5 4 3 1>
$ kextstat|grep -y appleintelcpu
$ (empty)

Your ioreg shows GenericUSBXHCI.kext still loaded. Is that your intention?

Your ioreg shows GenericUSBXHCI.kext still loaded. Is that your intention?

Ah, a copy of the kext was in S/L/E. I'd already removed the EFI/CLOVER/kexts one. Do I need to regive you DDST/SSDT and IOReg?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back