Contribute
Register

Lenovo G500 Compatibility, please help a newb!

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bootloader is in a usb stick, and the OS X installation is in an external usb hard drive, if that's what you mean. Is ApplePS2Controller.kext for keyboard only? I have that one in the /Extra folder.

I'm trying the different numbers on this page: http://blog.stuffedcow.net/2012/07/intel-hd4000-qeci-acceleration/ by adding them to org.chameleon.Boot.plist as IGPlatformID. Windows 8 reports 32mb of dedicated memory so I'm trying the numbers for 32mb of memory, but OS X reports 64mb of shared memory on System Profiler. There isn't anything on the BIOS that says the amount of dedicated memory. So far I've tried 01620005 and 0166000a and they do nothing.

Thanks again for your help.

The bootloader is in a usb stick, and the OS X installation is in an external usb hard drive, if that's what you mean. Is ApplePS2Controller.kext for keyboard only? I have that one in the /Extra folder.

So, you're still using the Unibeast USB stick to boot? It is best to transition away from that as soon as possible.

I'm trying the different numbers on this page: http://blog.stuffedcow.net/2012/07/intel-hd4000-qeci-acceleration/ by adding them to org.chameleon.Boot.plist as IGPlatformID. Windows 8 reports 32mb of dedicated memory so I'm trying the numbers for 32mb of memory, but OS X reports 64mb of shared memory on System Profiler. There isn't anything on the BIOS that says the amount of dedicated memory. So far I've tried 01620005 and 0166000a and they do nothing.

Most laptops are 01660003 or 01660004 depending on screen resolution (some 0166009). What is your screen resolution?

It is 1366x768. I tried 01620005 first since this laptop has HDMI and VGA outputs. (3 ports counting the display?)

I'm still using UniBeast in an attempt to leave OS X as "vanilla" as possible until I install this permanently (if I get to) so I can then install the bootloader and kexts on the unused EFI partition. Thought it was "best practice" in order to avoid getting things deleted and replaced during updates.

I'm going to try 01660003, 01660004, and 01660009.

Edit: Tried the three of them and none of them seem to make OS X capable of detecting the graphics as what they are (showing "Intel HD 4000 Graphics" on System Profiler). Though I added a "Graphics Mode"="1366x768x32" flag on org.chameleon.Boot.plist and I now get the native resolution. But no acceleration (telling by the low fps when switching to Dashboard for example).

It is 1366x768. I tried 01620005 first since this laptop has HDMI and VGA outputs. (3 ports counting the display?)

I'm still using UniBeast in an attempt to leave OS X as "vanilla" as possible until I install this permanently (if I get to) so I can then install the bootloader and kexts on the unused EFI partition. Thought it was "best practice" in order to avoid getting things deleted and replaced during updates.

I'm going to try 01660003, 01660004, and 01660009.

Edit: Tried the three of them and none of them seem to make OS X capable of detecting the graphics as what they are (showing "Intel HD 4000 Graphics" on System Profiler). Though I added a "Graphics Mode"="1366x768x32" flag on org.chameleon.Boot.plist and I now get the native resolution. But no acceleration (telling by the low fps when switching to Dashboard for example).

Make sure you're using IGPEnabler=Y along with your IGPlatformID (probably 01660003).

I'm booting using a usb stick into a usb HDD. The internal HDD isn't being used for this right now (since this isn't actually my computer, I want to see if it's compatible, then buy one for me if it is)

I just installed VoodooPS2Controller (removed ApplePS2, etc. of course) and I now have a working trackpad. No scrolling, though.

I'm booting using a usb stick into a usb HDD. The internal HDD isn't being used for this right now (since this isn't actually my computer, I want to see if it's compatible, then buy one for me if it is)

Well, in order to do that you're going to have to make your USB ports work...

I just installed VoodooPS2Controller (removed ApplePS2, etc. of course) and I now have a working trackpad. No scrolling, though.

It depends on what trackpad is in your computer and which VoodooPS2 you installed (there are many).

That is my fork... Which is great if you have a Synaptics trackpad. What trackpad is in your laptop?
Judging by the drivers available on Lenovo's website, it might be Synaptics or Elan. AIDA64 only shows "Lenovo Pointing Device".

I found some other specs in there, though, maybe they're useful?:
Mobile DualCore Intel Core i3-3120M, 2500MHz (25*100)
Chipset Intel Panther Point HM76, Intel Ivy Bridge
Intel Ivy Bridge-MB IMC Chief River Northbridge
Intel Panther Point HM76,Chief River Southbridge
HDA: Conexant CX20757, ID: 14F15115h/17AAC03Dh, Revision: 1001h
HDA: Intel Panther Point HDMI, 80862806h/80860101h

I have the whole hardware report file, what info would be needed to know my exact hardware and get all this to work?

Thanks again :D

Judging by the drivers available on Lenovo's website, it might be Synaptics or Elan. AIDA64 only shows "Lenovo Pointing Device".

I found some other specs in there, though, maybe they're useful?:
Mobile DualCore Intel Core i3-3120M, 2500MHz (25*100)
Chipset Intel Panther Point HM76, Intel Ivy Bridge
Intel Ivy Bridge-MB IMC Chief River Northbridge
Intel Panther Point HM76,Chief River Southbridge
HDA: Conexant CX20757, ID: 14F15115h/17AAC03Dh, Revision: 1001h
HDA: Intel Panther Point HDMI, 80862806h/80860101h

I have the whole hardware report file, what info would be needed to know my exact hardware and get all this to work?

Thanks again :D

Post ioreg: http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/58368-guide-how-make-copy-ioreg.html

Alright, here it is.

Attachments

• test’s MacBook Pro.ioreg
    1.2 MB · Views: 116
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back