Contribute
Register

Lenovo G470

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: sleep/wake problems

vaifrax said:
edit: I'm also still confused about speedstepper: I ran the patch, deleted NullPower... should I now remove generate-p-states and c-states in chameleon? what can you see with MSRDumper (or how to check if it works)? I have not added a SSDT.aml so far...
Update: I extracted my SSDTs with aida64, use the extracted p-states but still don't know how to rewrite the _cst method (or if I need to do that) - I removed the chameleon entries, p-states seem to work.

Here is the dump from MSRDumper, my proc is i5-2410M:
Code:
May 23 07:49:23 Arias-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: MSRDumper CoreMulti(8) 
May 23 07:49:23 Arias-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: MSRDumper PStatesReached: 8 12 16 21 25 26 27 29
Here I attached my boot.plist and SSDT.aml, put the SSDT into your /Extra SSDT+bootplist.zip
and I'm using chameleon (enoch) rev.1970 and latest patched AICPM (my os is Lion 10.7.4)

nope, this SSDT has a maximum clock of 2.9 GHz and it's for i5-2410m processor, I haven't got time to see Multibeast's ssdt.

Re: sleep/wake problems

vaifrax said:
...but still don't know how to rewrite the _cst method (or if I need to do that) - I removed the chameleon entries, p-states seem to work.[/color]

archintosh said:
Here is the dump from MSRDumper, my proc is i5-2410M:

thanks, I understood that - but as I have an i5-2450M, I assume I shouldn't just copy the _cst method from your SSDT, right? Where do you have it from/how did you write it?

I saw you added a p-state, does this enable turbo boost on your processor successfully?

cheers

Read this: http://macmanx86.blogspot.com/2012/05/customizing-ssdt-power-management.html

this is SPSS from my ssdt, i5-2410m
Code:
Name (SPSS, Package (0x10)
        {
            Package (0x06)
            {
                0x08FC, 
                0x88B8, 
                0x0A, 
                0x0A, 
                0x1700, 
                0x1700
            },
0x08FC=2300 (in MHz), it's the clock speed of my processor. You need to change it to i5-2450m's clock speed, click the link to see the specs.

And here:
Code:
Name (_PSS, Package (0x16)
        {
            Package (0x06)
            {
                0x0B54, 
                0x88B8, 
                0x0A, 
                0x0A, 
                0x1D00, 
                0x1D00
            },
0x0B54=2900 (in MHz), it's the max Turbo Freq of my i5-2410m. You need to change it to yours too.

thank you, assuming the power consumption seems to be ignored anyway (and TransitionLatency, BusMasterLatency can simply be copied) I can add a turbo boost state (for 3.1 GHz) to _PSS like this:
Code:
Package (0x06)
            {
                0x0C1C,
                0x88B8, // or 0xD2F0 may be closer to reality
                0x0A,
                0x0A,
                0x1F00,
                0x1F00
            },
However, from what I found, it sounds like turbo boost is enabled in P0 (only?) and P1 is (should be?) the normal max. frequency.
Update: look here for further info: http://hotchips.org/uploads/hc23/HC...3.19.921.SandyBridge_Power_10-Rotem-Intel.pdf
I will check the above state next time I have access to the machine.

The question for c-states remains...

vaifrax said:
The question for c-states remains...
Read here, section 8.4.2.1. There you can find anything you need to know.

archintosh said:
Read here, section 8.4.2.1. There you can find anything you need to know.
thanks again! I randomly selected three c-states from my original SSDT and inserted them, it seems to work, at least there is no error on startup anymore. Don't know how to check if it really goes into higher c-states, though.
I also modified one turbo boost p-state, now the highest p-state in MSRDumper shows 29, however, I think the highest two I defined are 25 and 31. I think I will stop here. In case anyone is interested, my SSDT is here.

Hi archintosh,
Thanx for ur post. I have a t420 - 4180 with intel hd3000 and nvidia nvs. I used ur dsdt and was successful getting good quality sound using the applehda patched one. Could you help me get the brightness control

You need to add:
Code:
Device (PNLF)
        {
            Name (_HID, EisaId ("APP0002"))
            Name (_CID, "backlight")
            Name (_UID, 0x0A)
            Name (_STA, 0x0B)
        }
check my dsdt to see where to put those lines.

archintosh said:
Hi archintosh,
Thanx for ur post. I have a t420 - 4180 with intel hd3000 and nvidia nvs. I used ur dsdt and was successful getting good quality sound using the applehda patched one. Could you help me get the brightness control

You need to add:
Code:
Device (PNLF)
        {
            Name (_HID, EisaId ("APP0002"))
            Name (_CID, "backlight")
            Name (_UID, 0x0A)
            Name (_STA, 0x0B)
        }
check my dsdt to see where to put those lines.

Hi, archintosh... sorry that I would like to ask which file that you refer to?

I've looked into Kext+DSDT and January 2012 but not found where the PNLF was defined....

However, could you please confirm me that I open the aml file correctly?
DSDTSE -> open aml file -> choose file

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back