Contribute
Register

Kernel Panic after Snow Leopard Installation +Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is normal. The Mac App store was new in 10.6.8 and is full of bugs. Just be patient.

OK, was patient with the download and El Capitan downloaded.

Since my install isn't recognising any USB devices other than the external HDD and mouse, I set up a 2nd partition on the external HDD and installed El Capitan to that, but now I am greeted with the 0xdeadbeef error.

Code:
[COLOR=#000000]Memory allocation error! Addr: 0xdeadbeef, Size: 0x0, File: , Line: 732[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000]This is a non recoverable error! System HALTED!!![/COLOR]

I'm currently using the following for booting.

EasyBCD (via windows to generate a bootscreen that offers windows 10 and macintosh)

iBoot 3.30 (ISO stored on windows drive and called via the bootloader screen made by eBCD)

140gb parition for Snow Leopard 10.6.8 installation
18gb parition for El Capitan installation. (not sure of accurate versioning as it downloaded direct from AppStore)

I'm not sure if I'm missing anything here.

OK, was patient with the download and El Capitan downloaded.

Since my install isn't recognising any USB devices other than the external HDD and mouse, I set up a 2nd partition on the external HDD and installed El Capitan to that, but now I am greeted with the 0xdeadbeef error.

Code:
[COLOR=#000000]Memory allocation error! Addr: 0xdeadbeef, Size: 0x0, File: , Line: 732[/COLOR]
[COLOR=#000000]This is a non recoverable error! System HALTED!!![/COLOR]

I'm currently using the following for booting.

EasyBCD (via windows to generate a bootscreen that offers windows 10 and macintosh)

iBoot 3.30 (ISO stored on windows drive and called via the bootloader screen made by eBCD)

140gb parition for Snow Leopard 10.6.8 installation
18gb parition for El Capitan installation. (not sure of accurate versioning as it downloaded direct from AppStore)

I'm not sure if I'm missing anything here.

Follow the Clover guide linked from the FAQ.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...faq-read-first-laptop-frequent-questions.html

Ok, so if I follow the instructions for clover I can make a bootable usb that will allow me to access the El Capitan disk partition and therefore, the installer?

The guide includes instructions for creating a bootable 10.11 installer USB.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back