Contribute
Register

Kernel Panic after Snow Leopard Installation +Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, I'll post the verbose output as soon as I can test again.
How do I post my extra folder when I can't boot to the os even in safe mode? Also Windows doesn't read hfs+ so I doubt I can get it from there.

Remove HDD from laptop. Connect to working computer. Capture /Extra, strip 'themes', ZIP, upload.

There is also "hfsprogs" on Linux. Also BootCamp HFS+ drivers for Windows from Apple.

Remove HDD from laptop. Connect to working computer. Capture /Extra, strip 'themes', ZIP, upload.

There is also "hfsprogs" on Linux. Also BootCamp HFS+ drivers for Windows from Apple.

As requested the photo and extra.zip are attached.

The pic attached isn't my photo, but it does show the exact same error, letter for letter as the one I receive.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    569 KB · Views: 119
  • Extra.zip
    275.1 KB · Views: 78
As requested the photo and extra.zip are attached.

The pic attached isn't my photo, but it does show the exact same error, letter for letter as the one I receive.

Get rid of Extensions.mkext (how did it get there?)

Also, eliminate unneeded kexts in /Extra/Extensions. The only required kexts are FakeSMC.kext and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext. AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext may be needed, but probably not.

in org.chameleon.Boot.plist:
Remove arch=i386 from "Kernel Flags". Also remove npci=0x2000

Get rid of Extensions.mkext (how did it get there?)

Also, eliminate unneeded kexts in /Extra/Extensions. The only required kexts are FakeSMC.kext and NullCPUPowerManagement.kext. AHCI_3rdParty_SATA.kext may be needed, but probably not.

in org.chameleon.Boot.plist:
Remove arch=i386 from "Kernel Flags". Also remove npci=0x2000

Ok, I've eliminated all those bits and pieces you mentioned. (I did this via Windows as Mac OS X doesn't boot right now)

i then then switched to Mac OS X and booted with -v -x -f -acpi=off flags entered and got the same error message again

as for the mkext file I have no idea.

Ok, I've eliminated all those bits and pieces you mentioned. (I did this via Windows as Mac OS X doesn't boot right now)

i then then switched to Mac OS X and booted with -v -x -f -acpi=off flags entered and got the same error message again

as for the mkext file I have no idea.

acpi=off is a bad idea.

Did you start with a retail Snow Leopard DVD purchased from Apple?

acpi=off is a bad idea.

Did you start with a retail Snow Leopard DVD purchased from Apple?

Ah ok, I'm trying it with the same flags with the exception of acpi, and yes, a second hand dvd but it is a retail one.

EDIT: Nothing seems to be working, it just keeps failing at the same message each time.

Ah ok, I'm trying it with the same flags with the exception of acpi, and yes, a second hand dvd but it is a retail one.

Also, did you remove the Intel graphics kexts? (they will have been added after the 10.6.8 combo update)...

Also, did you remove the Intel graphics kexts? (they will have been added after the 10.6.8 combo update)...

the only kexts in the extra/extensions folder are FakeSMC, NullCpuManagement and 3rdPartySata.
if they are somewhere else in the drive structure then let me know and I'll find them.

the only kexts in the extra/extensions folder are FakeSMC, NullCpuManagement and 3rdPartySata.
if they are somewhere else in the drive structure then let me know and I'll find them.

Kexts provided by Apple are in /System/Library/Extensions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back