Contribute
Register

Itunes video not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
i am wondering if it has something to do with the UEFI bios, the way it talks the the operating system, because I have iTunes 64bit working (11.0.2) and Mountain Lion(10.8.3) on my core duo and 8400gs(airplay) with a DSDT working flawlessly. Also has anyone tried injecting the HD4000 graphics (i know chimera does this) because I still have had no luck with the Customac mini config. It seems to me as if it's looking to output the picture on another source or hardware. I don't need to revert back to older versions. But i would like to know the symptoms of this issue.

Maybe it's worth comparing how we connect our monitors to what cards, to find out what works and what doesn't.

So here is my setup:

GA-Z77X-UD5H, i7_3770k, Intel HD4000 and GTX 660 Ti connected via DisplayPort to Dell U2711 -> no protected HD movie plays. iTunes trailers don't play.

Cheers,

John

Good idea. My build is as in my signature, the GTX 670 is connected to my Benq G2420HD monitor via the DVI connector, and to another smaller monitor is also connected to the graphics cards' second DVI output.
No protected films play via itunes 11.0.2, and I have now downgraded to Itunes 10.7.

I have a couple of things to check yet though - namely (1) trailers as you pointed out, and (2) I had a display-related problem with a game I had purchased (Batman Arkham City GOTY) and after a lot of back-and-forth with Feral Interactive Support, the problem was finally solved by creating a new admin account and running the game in that. I want to check when I get a chance whether the new admin account will also solve this problem. Alternatively, can someone who has 11.0.2 and who is having this problem please try creating a new Admin account on their machine, opening itunes, registering it with your account and try to play the protected video in that? It is a long shot, but hey it worked for the game...

Good idea. My build is as in my signature, the GTX 670 is connected to my Benq G2420HD monitor via the DVI connector, and to another smaller monitor is also connected to the graphics cards' second DVI output.
No protected films play via itunes 11.0.2, and I have now downgraded to Itunes 10.7.

I have a couple of things to check yet though - namely (1) trailers as you pointed out, and (2) I had a display-related problem with a game I had purchased (Batman Arkham City GOTY) and after a lot of back-and-forth with Feral Interactive Support, the problem was finally solved by creating a new admin account and running the game in that. I want to check when I get a chance whether the new admin account will also solve this problem. Alternatively, can someone who has 11.0.2 and who is having this problem please try creating a new Admin account on their machine, opening itunes, registering it with your account and try to play the protected video in that? It is a long shot, but hey it worked for the game...

As expected a new "Admin" account made no difference

Maybe it's worth comparing how we connect our monitors to what cards, to find out what works and what doesn't.

So here is my setup:

GA-Z77X-UD5H, i7_3770k, Intel HD4000 and GTX 660 Ti connected via DisplayPort to Dell U2711 -> no protected HD movie plays. iTunes trailers don't play.

Cheers,

John

John,

Good idea.

I have two Dell U3011's connected via DVI ports on a GTX 670, I like many here have tried all other configurations without any joy as this has been driving me nuts. I also do not see any other common factors.

Perhaps we could ask that everyone details there complete setup to see if there are any other common components??

It seems that iTunes 11.0.3 does not fix the issue, so I tried the downgrade to iTunes to 11.0.1 and do now get protected video content (i.e. from the iTunes Store) to play on my Ivy Bridge system. I had to revert to an older iTunes Library file (in ~/Music/iTunes/Previous iTunes Libraries) when running the older iTunes for the first time. I also have to re-download some videos I bought recently. I used the instructions from arstechnica.com, but installed from the iTunes 11.0.1 (using Pacifist), not 10.7 as in the article.

I was able to play music videos in iTunes only. Any video that had DRM does not work. I assume it's an authentication issue. Do we know how the Mac Mini's authenticate external displays for playback?

JKP

That's what I've found too - any video with DRM won't play, HD or not. I've got the BluRay rip of Star Wars and it plays just fine through 11.0.4. Interestingly enough, my laptop (Asus G73, I accidentally updated it to 11.0.4) plays everything just fine, including DRM content, though it is streaming the content since I haven't downloaded anything to it.

Try this:
I could not play purchased HD TV shows and movies from iTunes anymore! I finally figured it out to some extent, by that I mean I'm pretty sure this fixed my problem, though I'm not exactly sure why...yet.

I was, silly me, running itunes in 64 bit mode in ML. In order to get HD content to play on my hdmi connected Panasonic HD TV I have to run iTunes in 32 bit mode.

To run itunes in 32-bit mode, select the itunes application in the Finder, choose the "get info" command int he file menu, and check the "open in 32-bit mode" checkbox in the itunes info window.".....bada bing!

Not sure what kind of repercussions this might have yet but I can now watch Game of Thrones in HD! Hope this helps you all.

Thanks a lot! You sir are THE MAN:clap::clap::clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back