Contribute
Register

Itunes video not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having the same problem, any other fixes? It's only on the larger boxed itunes video content as the smaller boxes still function w/o issues. Same with the HD content I own.

fyi, i was able to successfully rollback time-machine to a backup pre itunes upgrade and my hackintosh is stable (with Itunes working).

Same here since 10.8.3

I noticed this happening after i updated to 10.8.3 as well. Curious to find out what caused the blackout.:banghead:

I'm having the same problem with 10.8.3 and 11.0.2. Relieved to know it's not a problem unique to my Hackintosh, but keen to resolve it. Hopefully someone out there much smarter than me will figure it out... :geek:

me too - and I have just spent $$ buying some new TV episodes off iTunes, and now I can't play them! just a black screen. Tried 32 bit mode and 64, tried GraphicsEnabler=Yes (computer doesn't start - don't even get a login screen). Does anyone else know how to downgrade 11.0.1 to get iTunes working properly again?

alternatively is there another program that will play the files? I tried VLC but no video/audio at all - I'm not gonna sit there for 52 mins watching the media progress bar crawl slowly across the screen...

make your day by reverting to iTunes 10.7

Hi All:

What follows is a modest contribution of mine given the enormous brain trust and help offered here.

If you can live without 11.0.2, then follow the link below to deinstall 11.0.2 and reinstall 10.7. It might be possible to go back to 10.8, 10.9. (i.e. anything previous to to the current FBAR version of this software). You'll have to try and see. I installed 10.7 and am in bliss enjoying my old purchased videos.

Cheers!

http://forums.macrumors.com/showpost.php?p=16400819&postcount=6

Thanks, I did that and it worked. Just have to (as before) remember to run Itunes 10.7 in 32-bit mode rather than 64-bit mode.

Cheers for the link

I am having the same problem, not able to roll back, 32 bit does not fix problem.

I hope someone can come up with a solution?

Why are you not able to roll back to 10.7? As far as I know no-one here will have gotten itunes 11 working with purchased video, so rolling back is really the only option (as far as I know). At which point in the rolling back are you getting stuck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back