Contribute
Register

iTunes 11.1.3 Video not playing (SD/HD/DRM Content) - solved?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SOLVED FOR ME ! :D

For me it’s not a matter of copy protection or Haswell when you get a black screen in iTunes when you play imported Movies. I figured out that is a matter of content in the IDTag/Metadata of the files/movies.

HERE IS MY SOLUTION:
Because iTunes not able to play Movie.mkv I’m using iFlicks 2.app (in App Store) to convert and add Metadata to Movie.m4v. I always delete in iFlicks the content in „Metadata“ = „ContentID“ and the name of the Tool itself e.g.: „iFlicks 2.2.3.xxxx“. (Scroll down in the Metadata Section).

After iFlicks I use another Tool: FilmTag.app (App Store).
This little tool again override the Metadata, this time in the just generated .m4v from iFlicks.
Only drop the File you just get from iFlicks to the open Window of FilmTag. Then import to iTunes and play your Movie!:clap:

FilmTag.app seems to be able to override some kind of Metadata witch causes that iTunes goes to black screen.

Let’s give it a try!
(iTunes 12.3xxx)

Unifier, I'm glad that things are working under your setup, but the problem we are discussing in this thread related to problems with playback of video content purchased on the iTunes store, not ripped media. I have lots of that too and it's all working fine. It's only the stuff I've paid for legitimately via the iTunes store that no longer works. And again, it was working until the Clover/El Capitan switch.

Hi there. Yes - well said!

New Hackintoshers should be advised that iTunes DRM video will not play on most builds. It's a long-known about problem. Perhaps there should be a thread for confirmed builds on which DRM video *will* play. If someone is aiming to use their machine to buy iTunes video, they are then guaranteed not to be disappointed.

What has always baffled me is that with this exact same hardware I use for OS X, if I run Windows the iTunes DRM video plays fine. So it would seem the hardware is fully compatible with any weird video protocols.

:|

I agree with everything you've said here, to the very letter. :)

bump..

i think this problem is solvable if enough people are focusing on it. if apple can break hdcp on previous working hardware with an software update, there could be a way to fix this issue..

i am no programmer or anything else. but i want to help fixing this issue. i have a real mac, an external monitor and i start working on a p67 based hackintosh for a friend in a couple of days, which has working hdcp up to yosemite.. so if i could provide useful informations to anyone here, let me know..

this issue bothers me so much, a big reason at the moment that prevents me from switching from a real mac to a hackintosh..

Just reading through the problems other are having regarding the iTunes playing movies issue.

My solution for the moment is running iTunes on Windows 10 as a virtual machine in Parallels.

So far I can now play the movie trailers so I am guessing rentals will be OK.

I will report back if there is any further issues.

Theres no solution yet. Its down to the kernel with Ivy bridge and higher. Sandy Bridge and below works fine. And for music Apple has removed DRM Protection for music awhile ago. Even some machines whats running windows has the same issue also. I can remember someone saying some official macs also have the same problem.

Theres no solution yet. Its down to the kernel with Ivy bridge and higher. Sandy Bridge and below works fine. And for music Apple has removed DRM Protection for music awhile ago. Even some machines whats running windows has the same issue also. I can remember someone saying some official macs also have the same problem.

Just to reiterate my earlier post: my Sandy Bridge machine no longer works fine. It used to. Something inherent in the upgrade from Chameleon --> Clover and the upgrade from Yosemite --> El Capitan broke it in such a way that it's demonstrating behavior identical to the other "broken" configurations: click to play protected video content, player opens with a black screen, progress slider and counter do not move. Video simply sits there. I have no reason to doubt that jbamford has a working configuration under El Capitan / Clover / Sandy Bridge, but I can say unequivocally that I do not. I am a little confused because jbamford stated earlier that he has working playback of iTunes protected content on Ivy Bridge with Clover - which flies in the face of every other report (including his own) that states that Ivy Bridge / iTunes DRM content simply does not work. I've not seen any other reports from SandyBridge owners on iTunes breaking under El Capitan / Sandy Bridge setups so the community is left with two case studies: jbamford (works fine, no issues) and myself (broken in the same way as Ivy Bridge / Haswell machines previously).

SB i5-2500k on z68 board with Nvidia card and nvidia web drivers under 12.1 smbios works fine for me. Could be your video card or integrated graphics if you are using or smbios. I'd try altering one at a time to isolate the issue.

SB i5-2500k on z68 board with Nvidia card and nvidia web drivers under 12.1 smbios works fine for me. Could be your video card or integrated graphics if you are using or smbios. I'd try altering one at a time to isolate the issue.

Verrrrry interesting - thank you so much for the update. :) Our systems sound similar enough but there are a few key differences: 12,2 smbios here with an AMD/ATI card instead of Nvidia. What do your BIOS settings look like as far as integrated graphics is concerned?

Verrrrry interesting - thank you so much for the update. :) Our systems sound similar enough but there are a few key differences: 12,2 smbios here with an AMD/ATI card instead of Nvidia. What do your BIOS settings look like as far as integrated graphics is concerned?

(DRM Protected Content) in iTunes works perfect on my H61N-USB3- Core i5 2500K- 6870. Even in 10.11.3 only thing is I'm not using HD3000. Having onboard IGPU enabled breaks it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back