Contribute
Register

Issues With My EVGA GeForce GTX 750 (missing bluetooth controller transport)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Totally confused...:eek:

As you have booted successfully, first download and install NVIDIA Web Driver from NVIDIA web site (Not from any other sources)

If you are able to share the output of the below command after running it on Terminal, then i can share the correct download link.
Code:
cat /System/Library/CoreServices/SystemVersion.plist

Oh, said that because Going Bald linked to this post, and it looks like people were having problems with the nvidia driver, and are linking to a modified version on mediafire.

Is this boot argument voiding my graphics card, and going straight to the built-in? The system profiler just reads "NVIDIA Chip Model" - is that to be expected?

Also, I'm not seeing OSX as an option for the drivers on their site?

Oh, said that because Going Bald linked to this post, and it looks like people were having problems with the nvidia driver, and are linking to a modified version on mediafire.

Also, I'm not seeing OSX as an option for the drivers on their site?

Share the output of the command mentioned above. I will share the download link.

Note:- For different OS X Versions different web driver packages are there.

Share the output of the command mentioned above. I will share the download link.

Note:- For different OS X Versions different web driver packages are there.

wow - didnt read that part of your post, sorry. :crazy: here it is:

<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>ProductBuildVersion</key>
<string>14C109</string>
<key>ProductCopyright</key>
<string>1983-2015 Apple Inc.</string>
<key>ProductName</key>
<string>Mac OS X</string>
<key>ProductUserVisibleVersion</key>
<string>10.10.2</string>
<key>ProductVersion</key>
<string>10.10.2</string>
</dict>
</plist>

wow - didnt read that part of your post, sorry. :crazy: here it is:

<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>ProductBuildVersion</key>
<string>14C109</string>
<key>ProductCopyright</key>
<string>1983-2015 Apple Inc.</string>
<key>ProductName</key>
<string>Mac OS X</string>
<key>ProductUserVisibleVersion</key>
<string>10.10.2</string>
<key>ProductVersion</key>
<string>10.10.2</string>
</dict>
</plist>

Here is the official Web Driver version for your OS X: http://us.download.nvidia.com/Mac/Quadro_Certified/343.02.02f01/WebDriver-343.02.02f01.pkg

Note :- If you want to try the modified one, then you can try that also. But i don't think that the modified driver linked above will be possible to install on your current running version.

Will I need to issue the flag you mentioned earlier after installing this and rebooting?

OK - just removed the USB at restart, and the motherboard is asking me to insert a bootable drive. w.t.f and once i booted into what i believe to be the hard drive, the system profiler now reads my graphics as "Display" - I didn't use any flags, though.

:banghead:

OK - just removed the USB at restart, and the motherboard is asking me to insert a bootable drive. w.t.f and once i booted into what i believe to be the hard drive, the system profiler now reads my graphics as "Display" - I didn't use any flags, though.

:banghead:

Alright, I had made a really stupid mistake - I never copied multibeast to the SSD, so all the changes I had made were only on the USB... genius.

Anyway, I'm able to boot now straight to the SSD using nvda_drv=1 which clears up the graphics issue. Still have a few other small kinks to work out (audio ports not recognized) but all in all I'm in good shape.

Thanks much.

Alright, I had made a really stupid mistake - I never copied multibeast to the SSD, so all the changes I had made were only on the USB... genius.

That's why you had failed to find /Extra folder.

Install Multibeast with proper options. Do not select "Generate CPU States"

Anyway, I'm able to boot now straight to the SSD using nvda_drv=1 which clears up the graphics issue. Still have a few other small kinks to work out (audio ports not recognized) but all in all I'm in good shape.

Thanks much.

For Audio : http://www.tonymacx86.com/audio/143757-audio-realtek-alc-applehda-guide.html

Everything seems to be pretty smooth right now - is there a way to put the nvda_drv=1 flag in a boot setting so that I dont have to enter it?

After installation of multibeast open the file org.chameleon.boot.plist (Will be present in /Extra folder of your OS X installed partition.) then make the changes as mentioned below,

<key>Kernel Flag</key>
<string>kext-dev-mode=1 nvda_drv=1</string>

Save the file. Reboot OS X and check booting without any flags.

Good Luck...!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back