Contribute
Register

Interim Realtek Ivy Bridge Lion AppleHDA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I am using ASUS Maximus V Gene z77, with i5-3570k, the board is using Realteak 898 chips for audio, i tried using HDAEnabler 898 and replace APPLEHDA.kext, under system report it show 2 Intel High Definition Audio, one with sub tree under, sounds work on orange jack only, if plug in the green jack sound will be distorted out of sync, then i decide to look at Audio MIDI setup- it show (built-in Output Source:"Internal Speakers/Headphone"
keep switching ever 2-3 second. if i plug in my headphone in the front audio jack still not working , then i plug in the mic too at the front, audio works for the headphones. source switch to headphones stable not switching to internal speaker at all.

Then i created a dsdt just for audio using your guide, under system report it show 1 Intel High Definition Audio now, but problem mentions above still exist.

by the way i am using 2.1 speaker only using 1 port, windows work flawless with front and back audio detection. Is it the dsdt causing the problem or applehda.kext.

here is my ioreg file
Thanks

Attachments

• my.zip
    784.5 KB · Views: 83
yodaoh said:
Then i created a dsdt just for audio using your guide, under system report it show 1 Intel High Definition Audio now, but problem mentions above still exist.
Attach your HDEF edited dsdt.

here is my HDEF edited dsdt

Thanks

:D

Attachments

• HDEF edited dsdt.zip
    19.2 KB · Views: 85
My MSI Z77A-GD80 works perfectly. Thanks!

i find out how to get my green audio port work stable
front audio panel is the key,
i am using a headphone with both audio and mic,
i plugged in headphone audio only at front panel, the rear green port is not switching it stay at internal speaker so works great. (headphone no audio)
in order for headphone get audio plug in the mic port at front panel, headphone audio works, rear green port muted.

i think this is something wrong with port detection, it works fine in windows, this rules out out i have a faulty front audio panel.

yodaoh said:
i think this is something wrong with port detection, it works fine in windows, this rules out out i have a faulty front audio panel.

Does you headphone/mic headset have one plug or two plugs (green and pink)?

toleda said:
The good news is you have 892 on board audio with a MSI motherboard. The hda-gfx error means your HDMI audio codec is recognized by AppleHDA but your dsdt does not have the HDMI audio edits which you already know. The second issue seems to be a consequence of OS X audio and MSI motherboards. I assume you have full audio functionality so the error does not indicate an audio failure. I don't know why it happens or how to fix it. Someone with an MSI motherboard and working OS X audio is needed to run tests to determine what is causing the errors and, perhaps, a solution can be developed. In the meantime, the choice is accept the errors or remove AppleHDA.
I have a MSI B75MA-P45 and can confirm that AppleHDA works perfectly with layout-id 287. I don't have sound assertions in /var/log/kernel.log.

Mieze

Attachments

• DSDT4.aml
    38.8 KB · Views: 121
  • ioreg.txt
    321.3 KB · Views: 541
toleda said:
Does you headphone/mic headset have one plug or two plugs (green and pink)?

Yes my headset is using two plugs, but it is black and white plug, i think is same as green and pink one.

:)

Hi!

What about ALC269 support?

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back