Contribute
Register

Interim Realtek Ivy Bridge Lion AppleHDA

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the update! This is finally making my audio work perfectly and reliably with no DSDT on z77x-ud5h :)

randallphoto said:
Thanks for the update! This is finally making my audio work perfectly and reliably with no DSDT on z77x-ud5h :)

Hi,

are all audio jacks working?

I thought you use the DSDT from your thread...I am confused.

scrump said:
randallphoto said:

Hi,

are all audio jacks working?

I thought you use the DSDT from your thread...I am confused.

I was using a DSDT before with the 898 kext to make it work. With this kext there was no longer a need to use a DSDT. I'm still using the orange jack, haven't tried the others, but I do see other audio out options in system settings. I'll experiment with the other jacks tonight.

Sound is working on my MSI Z77A-G43, very good quality and no noticeable popps until now. But I am getting this error message in kernel.log every 5 seconds:

Code:
15.06.12 21:34:10,000 kernel: Sound assertion "kTypePinComplex != fType" failed in "/SourceCache/AppleHDA/AppleHDA-179.1.4/AppleHDA/AppleHDAWidget.cpp" at line 1901 goto Exit

I am using HDAEnabler, but I'm also getting this error message with a DSDT.

randallphoto said:
I was using a DSDT before with the 898 kext to make it work. With this kext there was no longer a need to use a DSDT. I'm still using the orange jack, haven't tried the others, but I do see other audio out options in system settings. I'll experiment with the other jacks tonight.

Hmm, okay. I didn't know, that's better to use no DSDT. Thought always, it's better to use one...

scrump said:
Hmm, okay. I didn't know, that's better to use no DSDT. Thought always, it's better to use one...
A dsdt offers many advantages (HDMI, 3 port, etc) over an enabler (default on board). There is an issue with the Z77/H77 (Ivy Bridge) AMI BIOS; it recognizes the graphics card HDMI audio codec which can interfere with on board audio in OS X. Working on a solution; no idea when it will be ready. When it is available, the dsdt/HDEF solution will offer the expected audio advantages over an enabler for Z77/H77 motherboards.

toleda said:
wh1tecastle said:
How do I get an IOReg?
Its a Developer application:
1. App Store/Xcode
2. Snow Leopard Retail Install Disc/Optional Installs/Xcode
3. DSDTSE/Registry info/Get

This it?

Attachments

• Alec’s Mac Pro.zip
    541 KB · Views: 76
Hi

I Have A Gigabyte GA-H77-DS3H Motherboard With Intel i5 2500k , This Kext Works Perfectly For Audio Output But For Input It Causes A Huge Feedback !

Could You Guide Me On How To Remove This Feedback Which Makes It Impossible For Me To Record Audio Through My Shure x2u USB Microphone Device. The Settings On Shure Device Are Perfect And Checked On Windows ( Gain Etc. ) And In Preferences/Sounds , It Shows Volume Levels Only When I Speak In Input/Shure Usb Attached Microphone. But When I Record In Logic , The Feedback Is Huge !!

Any Assistance Would Be Appreciated A Lot.

Unfortunatly, this is the same as the previous 898 applehda kext.

Only the black or the orange jack can output sound with 2 separate Lineout selection.

This is the ioreg file when iTunes playing a mp3 file. Also attach with my dsdt in the archive file.

My hardware list:
i5 3570k,
z77x-ud5h-wb with bios version F5,
4x4 kingston ddr3 1600mhz,
Nvidia 8600GTS,

Thanks!

Attachments

• why.png
    why.png
    72.6 KB · Views: 249
Status
Not open for further replies.