Contribute
Register

Installing Mavericks on Toshiba P50-A-14G

Status
Not open for further replies.
One more question: Could the glitch problems be solved if I use the pmpatch to patch the bios instead of patching the mach_kernel?

One more question: Could the glitch problems be solved if I use the pmpatch to patch the bios instead of patching the mach_kernel?

I don't think it makes any difference...

Project status:
Sound: Working! (VoodooHDA 2.8.4).
Network: Working!
WiFi: Working! (BearExtender...)
Battery meter: Working! (more or less, VoodooBattery *sigh*)

Pretty much everything is working now. I used your kernel patches, and I removed the NVDA* and GeForce* kexts. Then I repaired permissions using Kext Utility (I hadn't done that before) and now the unique fail is the graphic bug in the login, which now is much, much smaller. So now it is pretty useable.
Thank you for everything!

P.D.: Don't hate me too much... :oops:
P.D.2.: I'll keep looking for the solution to this glitches. I've tried using different boot flags (IGPEnabler, IGPlatformID, IGPDeviceID...) without success... EDIT: Can the eDP screen be problematic?

Project status:
Sound: Working! (VoodooHDA 2.8.4).
Network: Working!
WiFi: Working! (BearExtender...)
Battery meter: Working! (more or less, VoodooBattery *sigh*)

Pretty much everything is working now. I used your kernel patches, and I removed the NVDA* and GeForce* kexts. Then I repaired permissions using Kext Utility (I hadn't done that before) and now the unique fail is the graphic bug in the login, which now is much, much smaller. So now it is pretty useable.
Thank you for everything!

P.D.: Don't hate me too much... :oops:
P.D.2.: I'll keep looking for the solution to this glitches. I've tried using different boot flags (IGPEnabler, IGPlatformID, IGPDeviceID...) without success... EDIT: Can the eDP screen be problematic?

VoodooBattery probably installed a rollback for AppleACPIPlatform.kext. Will break native power management, perhaps more.

Battery status: http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks-laptop-support/116102-how-patch-dsdt-working-battery-status.html

Well... My native DSDT is broken, plenty of errors reported by MaciASL... So I'm not sure I'll be able to patch it :p

Well... My native DSDT is broken, plenty of errors reported by MaciASL... So I'm not sure I'll be able to patch it :p

That is actually quite normal and expected. And you probably disassembled it incorrectly. Make sure you extract all DSDT/SSDT files from Linux (/sys/firmware/acpi/tables, sys/firmware/acpi/tables/dynamic). Then disassemble with 'iasl -da *.aml').

I'll probably try that later (I don't have linux right now). However, how could I figure out that voodoobattery is breaking my system?

I'll probably try that later (I don't have linux right now). However, how could I figure out that voodoobattery is breaking my system?

What is the output of 'kextstat|grep -y acpiplat' in Terminal? Version for 10.9.4 should be 2.0. Anything else is incorrect.

This is the output for my computer:

12 2 0xffffff7f81bd8000 0x5c000 0x5c000 com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (1.3.6) <11 10 7 6 5 4 3>

This is the output for my computer:

12 2 0xffffff7f81bd8000 0x5c000 0x5c000 com.apple.driver.AppleACPIPlatform (1.3.6) <11 10 7 6 5 4 3>

Yes, exactly like I said. That AppleACPIPlatform.kext is from Snow Leopard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back