Contribute
Register

Installation Failure (Screenshot attached)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi

So first of all, thanks a lot for this precious forum, and all those invaluable discussions. Without this site, much would have been much more difficult. I am running into some problem while creating my first ever Hackintosh... and I hope some one can definitely help me here...

OK, so here's my system config:
Intel Core i5 processor
Intel DH61WW motherboard
I don't have a Graphics Card (yet)...

I used the iBoot Legacy on a CD to install, and installation was a success. However, when I got to the Update Combo Pack installation, I got the dreaded Failure screen. After restarting the computer, I just couldn't run from the boot hdd partition. So I had to install again.

But the same thing has happened twice.

I hope someone here can definitely help me

Thanks a lot
-Roger

Attachments

• IMG_4540.JPG
    IMG_4540.JPG
    3.6 MB · Views: 284
tom214 said:
Have you tried to install 10.6.8 Combo update without installing "Update Helper"?

Yes... I just opened the dmg file from the pen drive and started installing.

What should I be doing?

-Roger

Hi rogerphilip,

I think that you are forgetting to run MultiBeast immediately after the Combo update has completed installing.

You must install the Combo Update and when this has finished DO NOT RE-BOOT !

Next open MultiBeast with Systems Utilities checked (Rebuild Caches / Repair Permissions), then select any other desired options in MultiBeast that you want.

Run MultiBeast then when that is finished (takes approx 5mins) then Re-Boot.

Looking at your Kernel Panic, i think that your IOPlatformFamily.kext needs rebulding because it says AppleSMCPDRC wheres my own says ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext. This is just a hunch and based on a theory i have but i reckon that MultiBeast will rebuild IOPlatformFamily.kext to make it compatible :think:

Robbish said:
You must install the Combo Update and when this has finished DO NOT RE-BOOT !
Next open MultiBeast with Systems Utilities checked (Rebuild Caches / Repair Permissions), then select any other desired options in MultiBeast that you want.

Run MultiBeast then when that is finished (takes approx 5mins) then Re-Boot.

It looks like he's not even able to complete the combo update (his picture shows it). I had the same problem when trying to update without update helper.

tom214 said:
You have to install Update Helper before upgrading to 10.6.8 (because you are a SandyBridge user ;)).

Thanks for explaining that, Tom.

I am reinstalling the OS now, and I will inform what happens with the Update Helper that I downloaded onto a pen drive.

Am I supposed to reboot the computer after installing update helper before installing Mac Update Combo?

Please let me know...

Thanks a lot..

-Roger

tom214 said:
I had to reboot after the Update Helper installation to avoid Panic Kernel at the end of combo update installation.

You're gonna make it work. :thumbup:

Thanks a lot man...

I already feel so close to the promised land...

-Roger

tom214 said:
I had to reboot after the Update Helper installation to avoid Panic Kernel at the end of combo update installation.

You're gonna make it work. :thumbup:

Getting closer...

OK, so now the next thing happens...

Multi Beast installation is failing...

I am attaching a screen shot.

How do I proceed from here?

I have been able to successfully install the Combo Update Package, so I am one step closer, btw. Highly appreciate all your help!

I still haven't rebooted the computer... What should I do?

btw... RE: Multibeast, I selected Easy Beast....

Attachments

• IMG_4538.JPG
    IMG_4538.JPG
    3.3 MB · Views: 253
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back