Contribute
Register

Install success but not complete

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking if the mausiethernet version 2 can be installed then maybe the Snow Leopard will boot up with Intel LAN controller enabled - thats the best guess I've got for this - Kext Beast in installed but its not on the desktop - not sure where it is as I'm not great on the Mac [yet]

mausi ethernet driver is on the desk top version 2 - there are installation instructions but I;m not sure what Goto S/L/E means to delete apple intel ie1000 kext

Ah hsd s look on HD - system - library - ?

I'm thinking if the mausiethernet version 2 can be installed then maybe the Snow Leopard will boot up with Intel LAN controller enabled - thats the best guess I've got for this - Kext Beast in installed but its not on the desktop - not sure where it is as I'm not great on the Mac [yet]

mausi ethernet driver is on the desk top version 2 - there are installation instructions but I;m not sure what Goto S/L/E means to delete apple intel ie1000 kext

Ah hsd s look on HD - system - library - ?
/System/Library/Extensions.

The ethernet driver is being loaded from iBoot. Can you boot with -v and take a clear picture of where the text stops and post it here.

OK I've attached the file- and the Intel LAN is enabled in the BIOS -
-x -v was used and lots of writing that stopped - please see below

There may be other items in BIOS that need enabling - I was a little "enthusiastic" disabling things when I couldn't get iBoot to load-

Attachments

• 20150819_210534.jpg
    20150819_210534.jpg
    626.8 KB · Views: 61
OK 10.6.8 is now installed-

I may have messed up trying to install mausi ethernet [any info on removing this?]
LAN is enabled [pxe is disabled]
There are two more pics which are the right way up this time-
the other pic on the other post was from 10.6.3 but 10.6.8 is now installed-
I do hope the pics tell you enough about the problem -
When any incorrect assignments are altered in the BIOS and I can boot into 10.6.8 with iBoot Haswell then its off to App Store - and then hopefully a bootable computer - fingers crossed please get back -

ASUS Z97-AR is my MOBO in this machine - In the signature it references just Z97-A

Reading the BIOS manual I can do a screen capture using F12 and save the pages to USB device - Its a big hassle [whats new:lolno:] then they could be posted here for inspection and correction - This would help to get everything just about right-

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    429.2 KB · Views: 90
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    586.1 KB · Views: 97
Here are some things for you to try. Boot into your BIOS and load optimised defaults.
Then disable Vt-d and Secure boot. Leave the ethernet controller enabled.
Additionally there is no mention of a graphics card on your build so I assume you are using the HD4600.
Set Init Display First/Graphics boot priority to IGFX.
Save and exit.
Boot to the installer again and reformat the install partition/drive. Starting fresh. No Mausi. No MultiBeast.
Hopefully this will get you installed and possibly updated to 10.6.8.

Could you document your entire build including attached devices, monitor and cable type i.e DVI.

Yes its integrated graphics for now

How important is XMP Profile 1:?: with NO all core enhancement

Cooler Master HAF X nVidia Edition Computer Case [a beauty]
Cooler Master V1000 Modular PSU
Asus Z97-AR Motherboard-DP HDMI-
Asus Thunderbolt EX II Card [not installed yet]
Intel Core i7 4790k with stock Cooler
Corsair Vengeance RAM 32 GB [8GB installed slot A1]
Western Digital 500 GB SATA HDD [intitially 1GB Hybrid SATA SSD-I think this can work will try install after]
Samsung SH 224 SATA CD DVD Drive

Samsung TV with spare HDMI port [for the build]

I'll add to this if needed [my first build-I'll be posting pics]

BIOS

Version 2.16.1240 [as supplied] would the BIOS need a newer version? and if so would this affect the CPU processor?

​Optimized defaults loaded

Advanced > Advanced Agent Configuration > VT-d = disabled

Advanced > System Agent Configuration > Graphics Configuration >
greyed out writing
Graphics Configuration
IGFX VBIOS Version 2180
iGPU Frequency 700 Mhz

However, there is no way to set to IGFX - There is:
Primary Display > CPU Graphics or AUTO [i set to CPU Graphics]

SECURE BOOT STATE=ENABLED UNDER OPTIMIZED DEFAULTS GREYED OUT WRITING
there is an option to clear secure boot keys in KEY MANAGEMENT
The platform key state is unloaded [relevance?]
Was reading about backing up keys to USB then deleting them to disable secure boot
EDIT: Keys now saved to USB [4 files] and HDD and PK's deleted=Secure Boot Disabled
Boot > Secure Boot > Other OS [not UEFI Windows]
Boot > Boot Option # 1 = CD DVD #2 = HDD

EDIT: Install from 10.6.3

Made the changes [I think I hope] - No activity on Apple Screen for install of 10.6.3 eg-No spinning black circle-

2nd attempt - x -v [lots of writing scrolling down screen] which stopped whilst typing this - But no install - Photo attached -

I couldn't see anything to set Graphics priority to IGFX

For some reason when I disable the Intel LAN controller 10.6.3 begins to install

I'm going to update the BIOS [if I can]

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    469.8 KB · Views: 85
I've updated my BIOS to 2501 from the Asus website-I've noticed the IGFX seems to be a lower number than the older BIOS-

Secure boot has been disabled
Not seen anything pertaining IGFX that is configurable

The install went the same - with LAN enabled no install possible - What am I to do?

Its occured to me 10.6.8 can be installed without LAN enabled - Is there a workaround to get the install to work?

Is there another setting to enable or disable that will allow 10.6.3 to install with Intel LAN enabled?

If there is an option I'll be able to get the install done

I've updated my BIOS to 2501 from the Asus website-I've noticed the IGFX seems to be a lower number than the older BIOS-

Secure boot has been disabled
Not seen anything pertaining IGFX that is configurable

The install went the same - with LAN enabled no install possible - What am I to do?

Its occured to me 10.6.8 can be installed without LAN enabled - Is there a workaround to get the install to work?

Is there another setting to enable or disable that will allow 10.6.3 to install with Intel LAN enabled?

If there is an option I'll be able to get the install done

Can you try disabling the LAN, load the the combo from USB to your downloads folder. Run combo update and reboot via iBoot with the LAN enabled?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back