Contribute
Register

Install success but not complete

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK so it was needed to do another download of Yosemite within MAS on Snow Leopard-All the steps were repeated that have been learned over the last week-Reasonably straightforward but it made me think-

Yosemite download "just begins" - There was no option of "where to put it" eg-to another location like external USB drive.

Yesturday I tried to copy the download into another location but it wasn't possible - After it downloads again I'll see if I can move the file to the external HDD - If successful it'll be retained for any further mishaps.

Is it possible to just drag the file -[the attached HDD has plenyty of room for it]?

Here is a straight forward procedure once you download Yosemite at the Yosemite desktop/MAS.

Once the download completes it opens automatically.
On the dock right click on the Install.App and press Quit.
Open the Applications folder you will see the App there.
Right click on the App and select Compress.
It will take a few minutes.
Once it finishes drag/drop or copy/paste the zipped file to a location of safety.
If you put it on the HDD and you have to format it you will lose it....

Here is a straight forward procedure once you download Yosemite at the Yosemite desktop/MAS.

Once the download completes it opens automatically.
On the dock right click on the Install.App and press Quit.
Open the Applications folder you will see the App there.
Right click on the App and select Compress.
It will take a few minutes.
Once it finishes drag/drop or copy/paste the zipped file to a location of safety.
If you put it on the HDD and you have to format it you will lose it....

Yes Wildwillow I'll be more careful this time - I will do as you suggest - Thanks for the input.

Would it be possible to burn a disc as well from the right click after its been moved to a place of safety?

Just put the initial hybrid ssd back in and booted Snow Leopard 10.6.3 with iBoot no problem at all - As long as the Intel LAN controller is disabled in the UEFI BIOS all is sweet -

There is another part in the BIOS forgot the name but it pertains the dial up internet - ah serial port or something - Is it OK for this to be disabled in the BIOS? then the network connection wouldn't be needed-

Thanks

There is another part in the BIOS forgot the name but it pertains the dial up internet - ah serial port or something

Chances of needing dial-up or serial port in 2015 are minimal.

Is it OK for this to be disabled in the BIOS? then the network connection wouldn't be needed

Still need built-in Ethernet at en0 for MAS.

You're ready to move onto Yosemite now, so what's going on with SL is rather irrelevant.

Chances of needing dial-up or serial port in 2015 are minimal.

Still need built-in Ethernet at en0 for MAS.

You're ready to move onto Yosemite now, so what's going on with SL is rather irrelevant.

Yes Rehabman, I messed up slightly by not saving Yosemite and a problem occured by accidentally installing MultiBeast 3.10.1 on Yosemite and a [bug] presented a problem so I needed to do the Snow Leopard all over again - Yosemite has been backed up externally now. It was a real bind but alot has been learned in a short space of time and my first build ever.

Yosemite next - This time correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back