Contribute
Register

Install success but not complete

Status
Not open for further replies.
In Kext Wizard rehabman null ethernet is there - kext beast was used with .kext on desktop - and checked in kext wizard "loaded" - searched for null ethernet - Maybe Kext Wizard didn't load

Please find RegIO 5 -

Surely this must be it now its shown in Kext Wizard

Its in there - searched - Null Ethernet - :!::!::!::!: what next-

Whats next - [thunderstorm here] computer going off - will check after -

You're getting closer.

NullEthernet is loaded. You can see it under RMNE in ioreg.

It also has a network interface assigned (IOEthernetInterface), and is built-in (IOBuiltIn=true), but it is assigned to 'en1'. Must be 'en0'.

Follow the instructions in the NullEthernet README for resetting network interfaces, so it is assigned to 'en0'.

My trouble is I don't know what I'm doing - I think Kext Wizard did not work - I placed the NullEthernet.kext on the desktop [naked] meaning not within another folder - Then used Kext Beast and ran this - then rebooted - I don't need Kext Wizard then [for this anyhow] - I'm not aware of how Mac people do things [I do have iMac but not used it much]-this will change now I'm doing this - Will read your other reply now -

My trouble is I don't know what I'm doing - I think Kext Wizard did not work - I placed the NullEthernet.kext on the desktop [naked] meaning not within another folder - Then used Kext Beast and ran this - then rebooted - I don't need Kext Wizard then [for this anyhow] - I'm not aware of how Mac people do things [I do have iMac but not used it much]-this will change now I'm doing this - Will read your other reply now -

The NullEthernet.kext is installed correctly. The ioreg proves it.

Now you need move on... and correct 'en1' vs. 'en0'.

In finder > Library > Preferences > [there is no folder for system configuration] >

com.apple.systemu i server.plist
com.apple.systemprofiler.plist

This is where I was looking then went to:

Snow Leopard drive > Library > Preferences > System Configurations > Network Interfaces.plist***

Does this***Network Interfaces.plist need deleting from the system? [desktop for now]

I'm about to put the network interfaces back - Just pressed a + button and "select the interface and enter name for the service" - Ethernet Adapter (en1) ???

In finder > Library > Preferences > [there is no folder for system configuration] >

com.apple.systemu i server.plist
com.apple.systemprofiler.plist

This is where I was looking then went to:

Snow Leopard drive > Library > Preferences > System Configurations > Network Interfaces.plist***

Does this***Network Interfaces.plist need deleting from the system? [desktop for now]

I'm about to put the network interfaces back - Just pressed a + button and "select the interface and enter name for the service" - Ethernet Adapter (en1) ???

Use Go To Folder in Finder to go to specific directories.

You must reboot before adding the interfaces.

I'm getting closer - I plugged the USB mobile dongle into the windows 7 pc to get the ip address - I am correct to think the dongle would have the same ip irrespective of computer its attached to?

No need to manually set the IP address. IP addresses are dynamically assigned from the DHCP server (part of your router/WiFi AP).

Yes you want to delete this, with a restart it will be created again on boot and should create ethernet as en0 and wifi as en1.

I think this is it-

I read through one or two more of the previous posts - and i think i saw this for myself in IO Reg -
I hope so

Attachments

• ._Mac Pro export 6.ioreg
    4 KB · Views: 81
  • Mac Pro export 6.ioreg
    1.3 MB · Views: 77
I think this is it-

I read through one or two more of the previous posts - and i think i saw this for myself in IO Reg -
I hope so

Assuming you can get your WiFi to connect to the internet, the Mac App Store should be working.

You have NullEthernet loaded, IOBuiiltIn=true, and it is assigned to 'en0'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back