Contribute
Register

Install Mavericks on HP Envy 14-2166se

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, thank you for the hard work.. When it booted in first time (without touching anything), I nearly passed out because of joy.. You have offered great joy to me. Thank you so much!

I realize you have done awesome job with Keyboard-click/touchpad, too (I downloaded your latest work from github! So good.. :thumbup:)

I actually could get VoodooHDA from watching this man: (http://youtu.be/C01QhO8jhhY) So, volume is done as well! :)

Things that I am currently stuck at are,

1. USB (My computer does not recognize anything.), USB 3.0 (I've tried the generic kext that were offered in multi beast; it didn't work, nor enabled my dead USB 2.0s.),

2. Brightness (When it was booted, the first brightness is too dark. After the computer wakes up from sleep, it resumes the brightest level.) I don't know what I can do with this.. (my f2 and f3 keys, don't work.)

3. Webcam. I don't know what to do with this. (FaceTime doesn't work.)

4. I don't know what else I have problem with.. What should I look at? Battery? Wifi?

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks again. :)

So, I've read something about wifi that if I can get whitelist cleared bios, I can install any wifi card. Is that correct? The closest option that I could find was BCM 43224, because the original card that was used in 14-1120er is Intel Centrino Advanced 6200. That's why they could install f.23 bios.

In comparison to 14-1120er, my model is 14-2166se, and I don't know the camilomi version is whitelist cleared bios. This definitely has much more menus, because the hidden menus were unlocked. But since I use different mobo from 14-1120er, I had used f.0f, and now f.09, and these bios family won't allow "Extended Bus Reserved - Enable" thingy.

My 14-2166se currently has Intel Centrino Advanced 6230, and the difference between this card and the 6200 is Rainbow peak vs. Puma peak. I don't know what exactly difference between the two is, because I only know one difference: bluetooth+wifi(6230) or only wifi(6200).

I don't know if my bios is cleared or not (I don't know linux), so that's why I want to know more about the wifi card, mobo, bios, and capability... Would you look at the attachment to see if the bios still has the whitelist in it? Would you judge and decide whether or not I should by the BCM 43224?

Thanks again.

Warmly,
Hana.

Nov 5. 12:21AM
P.s. I just additionally attached No Whitelist for f.05. Would this work for choosing BCM 43224? For Bios, I'm okay with experimenting because I know how to unlock bricked laptop. (For Envy14-2166se, detach the bios battery and EC start, it will reset the CMOS.)

Attachments

• sp51091_UlkMenus_ByCamiloml.exe.zip
    4.4 MB · Views: 66
  • sp53660_NWL_By_Camiloml.exe.zip
    4.2 MB · Views: 63
Wow, thank you for the hard work.. When it booted in first time (without touching anything), I nearly passed out because of joy.. You have offered great joy to me. Thank you so much!

I realize you have done awesome job with Keyboard-click/touchpad, too (I downloaded your latest work from github! So good.. :thumbup:)

I actually could get VoodooHDA from watching this man: (http://youtu.be/C01QhO8jhhY) So, volume is done as well! :)

Things that I am currently stuck at are,

1. USB (My computer does not recognize anything.), USB 3.0 (I've tried the generic kext that were offered in multi beast; it didn't work, but it could enable my dead USB 2.0s.),

You should look at system.log for USB related errors (USB,XHC,EHC).
What chipset do you have in your laptop?

2. Brightness (When it was booted, the first brightness is too dark. After the computer wakes up from sleep, it resumes the brightest level.) I don't know what I can do with this.. (my f2 and f3 keys, don't work.)

You can get brightness slider with PNLF patch. See: http://www.tonymacx86.com/378-new-intel-hd-graphics-boot-flags-chimera.html

"Brightness Fix" is the one that will enable the brightness slider in SysPrefs -> Displays.

That will not solve your low brightness at boot, but first step is to get the slider.

3. Webcam. I don't know what to do with this. (FaceTime doesn't work.)

It is probably on the USB bus... Get USB fixed first.

4. I don't know what else I have problem with.. What should I look at? Battery? Wifi?

WiFi requires a compatible card.

Battery requires ACPI battery manager: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Battery-Driver
And usually DSDT patches...

Hi! :)

Thanks again for the reply. I never knew hackintosh took this much time and efforts from you and a lot of other people! First of all, thanks for all your hard work, and I deeply appreciated it!

Let's jump right in to the installation! :)

You should look at system.log for USB related errors (USB,XHC,EHC).
What chipset do you have in your laptop?

1. I'm attaching my system.log file. (I've used Console.app). I didn't know what you meant by the "errors"; I wasn't able to pinpoint anything from this huge file.... But wasn't able to.....
(I wish I can isolate the problem, so it can make my problem convenient to you as much as possible.. ... I apologize.. And thank you so so much!)

- The chipset is "Intel 6 Series Express chipset Intel HM65 Platform controller hub (PCH)". There are 2 USB 2.0, and 1 USB 3.0.

You can get brightness slider with PNLF patch. See: http://www.tonymacx86.com/378-new-in...s-chimera.html
"Brightness Fix" is the one that will enable the brightness slider in SysPrefs -> Displays.

That will not solve your low brightness at boot, but first step is to get the slider.

2. I start to learn how to use MaciASL, and I was able to patch PNLF. Now Syspref<Display has the slider. So, I guess the first step is done! :) TNOT error was also fixed! Yay.

- I think the brightness has become even darker when I booted this time. So, I adjusted the brightness with the slider, but it actually has brightened until maximum brightness of pre-sleep. When the display goes into the sleep mode, then it resumes its full brightness.

It is probably on the USB bus... Get USB fixed first.

3. Restoring USB slots is in progress.

WiFi requires a compatible card.

Battery requires ACPI battery manager: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ACPI-Battery-Driver
And usually DSDT patches...

4. - Battery: I've tried to install IReddyBattery.pkg, but it gave me the installation failure. ("The installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance.")

- Wifi: And, I could get the NWL f.05 bios, and I've downgraded my bios. I don't know how to check if the current bios is cleared or not.. If it was, I would like to get this wifi card (BCM94322HM8L Broadcom BCM4322), but I don't know if this will be compatible to my motherboard. I don't know what things I need to look at for deciphering compatible wifi card or not.. What is PCI-e compatibility? (http://www.ebay.com/itm/111164567661?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649)

- Restart/Shut Down problem: when I turn off the laptop, I always need to press power button to turn it off.

Thanks, RehabMan! I'll be looking forward to your reply.

:thumbup:

:headbang:

Attachments

• DSDTmod.zip
    28.7 KB · Views: 60
  • org.chameleon.Boot.plist.zip
    905 bytes · Views: 54
  • Systemlog.zip
    247 KB · Views: 78
  • iReddyBattery.pkg.zip
    433.6 KB · Views: 66
The "restart" has been fixed by modifying boot plists! :)

Done with the "brightness"!

Thanks for your code!

P.s. I'm inputing password two times now. But, so far, I love it! :)

USB 3.0 now works with RehabMan-Generic-USB3-2013-0918. Yay! :)
Thanks thanks thanks! :)

P.s. Two remaining USB 2.0 slots still needs to be recognized from the system. I'm daisy channeling USB 3.0 for temporary usage.

For battery, I tried to patch the DSDT with "battery_HP-ProBook-Generic.txt", and here are 3 errors when it was complied. (See the attachments)

I've already installed the RehabMan-Battery-2013-0918 kext, and it boots smoothly.

I feel like I'm almost there! :)

Attachments

• IMG_20131106_020051.jpg
    IMG_20131106_020051.jpg
    834.1 KB · Views: 207
  • IMG_20131106_020219.jpg
    IMG_20131106_020219.jpg
    575.8 KB · Views: 168
Done with the "brightness"!

Thanks for your code!

P.s. I'm inputing password two times now. But, so far, I love it! :)

See SysPrefs -> Security & Privacy -> "Require password". Set it to something other than immediately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back