Register

Install issue

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390-D
CPU
i5-9400F
Graphics
GTX 1080 Ti
Hi, I am currently trying to install Big Sur on my rig and its showing the apple logo and stuck at the very start of the loading bar underneath the apple logo, here is my EFI can anyone help me out?

Attachments

• EFI.rar
    8.4 MB · Views: 8
Hi, I am currently trying to install Big Sur on my rig and its showing the apple logo and stuck at the very start of the loading bar underneath the apple logo, here is my EFI can anyone help me out?

Your GTX 1080ti is not supported by macOS since High Sierra.

However you might, just might, get display output but in VESA mode, without acceleration. Not guaranteed though.

Changing your GPU is the only way forward - unless you go with High Sierra and the NVidia web-drivers.

Any reason why you are using a very old version of OpenCore?

Normally we would suggest adding the "-v" boot-argument so that your PC starts in "Verbose" mode. That will give you a scrolling screen of text during boot and stop. Grab a photo and upload it. However with the GTX 1080 I doubt this will help.

:)

thank you mate appreciate the advice, will try this today and see what happens, will try a version before high sierra and see

thank you mate appreciate the advice, will try this today and see what happens, will try a version before high sierra and see

Latest version High Sierra is best for your GTX 1080.

There are re-signed Nvidia web drivers available for it. The original signing certificates were revoked and have expired on earlier diversions.

You may not be able to run a version of MacOS older than High Sierra / Sierra 10.12.6 on your system due to your graphics card, and newer versions won't work properly with your graphics card.

As already mentioned, you should really consider replacing your graphics card with a supported AMD graphics card if you really want to install and run MacOS on your system.

Back