Contribute
Register

Install Guide : Intel Haswell NUC Core i5 (D54250WYK) V4 (Yosemite 10.10.4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mieze's kext also fixes the problem of a lost ethernet connection when waking from sleep. I've found replacing the IntelE version with this enables the NUC to re-establish the connection when waking from sleep. I'd definitely recommend this! :thumbup:

My SSD failed dead as a doornail. I'm setting up to load onto 2.5 drive 1TB waiting for the drive now. I've been out of town for the past week. I downloaded OSX10.10.4 from the app store. I believe I followed all the instructions to the letter (picture in this case). .....I recieved my new Hard drive WD 1TB 7200 rpm
NUC d54250WYKH
WD1TB 7200 rpm
16GB ram 1330 crucial
samsung 2440
At step 9 Booting OSX I am getting a Kernel Panic
" panic(cpu 2 caller 0xffffff800032bf28): "a freed zone element has been modified in zone kalloc.64: expected 0xdeadbeefdeadbeef but found 0xdeadbeef00000000, bits changed 0xdeadbeef, at offset 48 of 64 in element 0xffffff800b19dd00, Debugger called: <panic> "
Any Ideas.

Issue at first boot with NUC5i5RYK

hi,

I got a NUC5i5RYK with 8GB of RAM, Samsung 850 EVO M.2, Core i5.
BIOS version is 0348 (07/12/2015).

it has wifi and bluetooth (disabled for now in the BIOS).

It's connected using a HDMI direct cable (no adapter).

The issue is when I do the first boot the boot stops here:

Still waiting for root device.

any ideas?

IMG_1893.JPG

hi,

I got a NUC5i5RYK with 8GB of RAM, Samsung 850 EVO M.2, Core i5.
BIOS version is 0348 (07/12/2015).

it has wifi and bluetooth (disabled for now in the BIOS).

It's connected using a HDMI direct cable (no adapter).

The issue is when I do the first boot the boot stops here:

Still waiting for root device.

any ideas?

View attachment 145970

Yes.

Different processor, different graphics, different internal interface, different model.

This guide is written for the models stated at the top of the guide. Yours is not one of them.

A quick forum search reveals this.

:idea:

Wow, thank you for this awesome guide! I am so happy to have found this thread.

Right now I am getting all the parts to build this little NUC and was wondering about the wireless/BT. It seems that there's a lot of confusion about the Broadcom BCM4322 card. Will any of the brands that has this chipset work out of the box?

If someone can post a link to a specific card that has worked that would very much help.

thank you!

Wow, thank you for this awesome guide! I am so happy to have found this thread.

Right now I am getting all the parts to build this little NUC and was wondering about the wireless/BT. It seems that there's a lot of confusion about the Broadcom BCM4322 card. Will any of the brands that has this chipset work out of the box?

If someone can post a link to a specific card that has worked that would very much help.

thank you!

I bought some Dell DW1510 wifi cards which I rebranded to Airport Extreme. No BT on them but they work OOB with the NUC and other hackintosh builds. You can search the forum for working combo cards, or just get a simple wifi card like I did then get a cheaper BT USB dongle. I dont have BT on mine as I dont use it.

:thumbup:

Is there a way to enable 4K display support with Yosemite?

I have an i5 Haswell NUC (D54250WYKH) with 16 GB RAM, currently running 10.10.4 via Clover using MiniHack’s guide. Previously with Mavericks it was pretty straightforward to achieve 3840 x 2160 with something like 24 Hz via DisplayPort on my ASUS PB287Q.

With Yosemite, the highest I have been able to output is 2560 x 1600, despite various attempts with SwitchResX.

Am I missing something, or might I have better luck using WonkeyDonkey’s guide with Chameleon, etc., or is there some roadblock in Yosemite that can’t be worked around?

Is there a way to enable 4K display support with Yosemite?

I have an i5 Haswell NUC (D54250WYKH) with 16 GB RAM, currently running 10.10.4 via Clover using MiniHack’s guide. Previously with Mavericks it was pretty straightforward to achieve 3840 x 2160 with something like 24 Hz via DisplayPort on my ASUS PB287Q.

With Yosemite, the highest I have been able to output is 2560 x 1600, despite various attempts with SwitchResX.

Am I missing something, or might I have better luck using WonkeyDonkey’s guide with Chameleon, etc., or is there some roadblock in Yosemite that can’t be worked around?

You should check into Minihack's thread and seek guidance there; may be a switch or setting in Clover would enable it, I'm not sure though.

I dont have anything higher than 1440p here so I cant help on that one. If anyone has 4K or similar running, then please post.

:thumbup:

Hello, I am ordering a Intel nuc. I wanted to get the i7. Could I get it into a hackintosh? Is there a guide or would I have to get the i5. Thanks

Hello, I am ordering a Intel nuc. I wanted to get the i7. Could I get it into a hackintosh? Is there a guide or would I have to get the i5. Thanks

If you refer to the newer generation Broadwell NUC's then no, the guide will not work.

The hardware this guide supports is listed at the beginning of the guide and has not been tested on any other model.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back