Contribute
Register

Install Guide : Intel Haswell NUC Core i5 (D54250WYK) V4 (Yosemite 10.10.4)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All

Thanks for the guide Wonkey Donkey, I have been able to get my D54250WYK nuc up and running with a clean install of Yosemite 10.10.5 and the appropriate version modded kernel. Everything seems to work fine with the exception of audio over hdmi. The only deviation/oddity from the guide was the need to manually create the '/Extra' folder as SU in a terminal session, as multibeast thru the error for the 'chameleon.boot.plist' not existing.

I am connected via the hdmi cable to a benq 32 inch monitor that has inbuilt speakers. In the audio setup in Yosemite it shows the correct monitor details and recognizes that it has speakers but the volume sliders are all greyed out as is the master volume icon on the main screen top tool bar.

I have tried redoing the audio portion of the guide again and the kernel commands at the end but the situation still persists. I have not tried the audio out port on the nuc as I dont have any headphones or external speakers.

Can anyone help out?

cheers

What you are seeing is correct. HDMI audio in OSX does not provide for volume control/volume sliders; the idea is that you use the volume control on the output device itself, using either the remote control (If you have one) or the buttons/controls on the screen itself.

I followed all the steps, now I am stuck after step 8.
I try to boot, but the NUC is stuck at a screen that says "Press ESC in 1 seconds to skip startup.nsh, any other key to continue"
When I enter "exit", I get past this screen.
Would be nice though if it can happen automatically...
Any ideas on this one?

That is booting using EFI. You need to enable both EFI and legacy in the bios.

That is booting using EFI. You need to enable both EFI and legacy in the bios.

Unfortunately, that is not the solution.
Inthe BIOS settings under the "Boot" tab, both "UEFI Boot“ and "Legacy Boot" are enabled

Attachments

• IMG_0100.jpg
    IMG_0100.jpg
    975 KB · Views: 131
I missed Yosemite in the app store (it's no longer available for download) and there's no updated guide for El Cap yet. (I can't make the other guides like Sebinouse's that use Clover work right. Immediate boot hang :banghead: )

I have the Mavericks installer. Can I use the Mavericks version of this guide to instal and then update all the way to El Cap from inside OS X?

I missed Yosemite in the app store (it's no longer available for download) and there's no updated guide for El Cap yet. (I can't make the other guides like Sebinouse's that use Clover work right. Immediate boot hang :banghead: )

I have the Mavericks installer. Can I use the Mavericks version of this guide to instal and then update all the way to El Cap from inside OS X?

Its not worth going to El Cap from an older version of the guide. We use a different bootloader and you will have a better chance of success starting with a fresh clean install. Sebinouse's guide does work btw.

Im undecided at this time if I will produce a new guide with a legacy style bootloader, although I have seen it working.

Its not worth going to El Cap from an older version of the guide. We use a different bootloader and you will have a better chance of success starting with a fresh clean install. Sebinouse's guide does work btw.

Im undecided at this time if I will produce a new guide with a legacy style bootloader, although I have seen it working.

Thanks for the guidance. I tried Seb's guide again with a brand new USB drive and it worked, so it looks like my previous one was simply worn out. D'oh!

I think your guides are of high qualiy and very helpful, but if you think it's best to let the legacy bootloader methods be retired I'd understand.

Hi! Does D54250WYKH works with El Capitan? Can I use this guide with El Capitan?

Well, I see updating guide. But can I install Capitan with the same guide from first post?

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back