Contribute
Register

Install Guide/Discussion Thread for HP Probook 4530s!

Status
Not open for further replies.
blueking said:
Not sure exactly how CCC works. But if it takes te while drice you may be good. Or you may need to go ahead and install chimera or chameleon on there as well.

Did you have your mouth full when you said that? :lol:

Hello all, I've been reading this threads and watch the youtube videos about Lion install on the Probook 4530s. I recently got the same model, HP4530s with intel HD3000 video card. I followed the guide step by step in terms of getting the Lion App from the appstore, rboot-Le xMove etc... I 'm up to steps 13 from the Base install guide, the installation just failed and said "Mac OS X Could not be install on your computer" with the big yellow exclaimation sign. Does it matter if I created the USB Flash installer from a VM MacOS Lion machine? My laptop is runing the F20 Firmware and Bios setting are default and verified it is set to AHCI. Any other thing I can try? Thanks in advance!

How did you perform the step 12 ? The guide said "format" but you have to select "partition" not "erase".

Yes I did. I went to Partition, Choosed Partition 1, GUID partition table, Mac OS Extended (journaled).

Since I updated my bios to F.0A, I have some boot errors.
Here's kernel.log:
Code:
Nov 17 17:23:00 jos-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: IT87x: [Warning] found unsupported chip ID=0x701
Nov 17 17:23:00 jos-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: F718x: Fintek: Found unsupported chip ID=0x7 REVISION=0x1
Nov 17 17:23:00 jos-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: NVClockX: NVClock Darwin port by alphamerik (C) 2010
Nov 17 17:23:00 jos-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: NVClockX: usr-sse2 (C) 2010
Nov 17 17:23:00 jos-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: NVClockX: [Warning] no nVidia graphics adapters found
Nov 17 17:23:00 jos-MacBook-Pro kernel[0]: NVClockX: [Warning]
I deleted NVClockX and it got rid of one error but the first two keep coming up. I googled and it's something to do with power management.

After the bios update I made a new DSDT.

Any ideas how to get rid of the errors. I reinstalled FakeSMC and plugins with multibeast with no effect. This only happened since I updated the bios.
I'd like to roll back to F.09 but I can't find it anywhere.

for those wondering if you should upgrade to 8gb or not, here are some info.

Windows 7 Experience assessment:
4gb
6.4/7.3/4.7/6.1/5.9
8gb
6.4/7.3/5.9/6.3/5.9

Tangle results:
5 more fps in world of warcraft,default low-medium.
startcraft 2 gained 10-15, but is much much smoother, default.
dragonage2 doesn't shutter during cut scenes.

the downside however, is that the lines everyone keep complaining about in lion are back. And back to stay. I have so much graphics curuption, i can tell you what any icons are in the system preferences.

I am using ddr3 1333 gskill mated sticks.

Anyone else find it irritating that they haven't used windows for about 5 days and when they finally go to use it it says it can't load as it has a problem, maybe the hardware has changed, insert your windows disk and choose repair windows... (or something like that) And when you do try to repair it it doesn't see the windows install and you end up wiping the whole lot and installing fresh :banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back