Contribute
Register

IMPORTANT! 10.11.1 update requires Clover v3292 or later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, and please do not get upset but I do not know how to check the EFI partition if I am not in a Mac environment.
Also the new version of Clover does not show up spontaneously after the bios screen. I have to hit enter or escape and after a while shows up.

Sorry, and please do not get upset but I do not know how to check the EFI partition if I am not in a Mac environment.
Also the new version of Clover does not show up spontaneously after the bios screen. I have to hit enter or escape and after a while shows up.

You can look at the EFI contents in Terminal from the OS X installer.

And if you're getting the diagnostics screen, just skip it. That much is normal after an update.

Thanks for your answer. I am almost sure I screwed somehow the partitions. Now when I try to boot the bios does not see the HD. I am able to boot with the linux pendrive, and linux can see the mac HD. Before I mess with it more I will back up everything. Do you think the partitioning is fixable or I should do major surgery and reformat the HD? I am very good in following instruction and I have not had a problem in three years since I hackintoshed the probook. This is the first time and although I been using my probook for 3 years I am a newbee.

Thanks for your answer. I am almost sure I screwed somehow the partitions. Now when I try to boot the bios does not see the HD. I am able to boot with the linux pendrive, and linux can see the mac HD. Before I mess with it more I will back up everything. Do you think the partitioning is fixable or I should do major surgery and reformat the HD? I am very good in following instruction and I have not had a problem in three years since I hackintoshed the probook. This is the first time and although I been using my probook for 3 years I am a newbee.

Hard to give advice without specific details on what you did and what the current problem is.

Dear Rehabman. Thanks for your support. Finally I was able to find the problem. It was not a partitioning problem. All the files in the EFI partition got deleted. Unclear how this happened. I was able to boot with a Clover stick and regenerate the EFI files with the PBI. The only question I have left, is that I lost the windows files in the EFI folder so I cannot boot into windows any more. Is there an easy way to get them back or do I need to reinstall windows again?

Rehabman. Somehow I had a backup of the EFI folder and I found the Microsoft files. Thanks for all your support. I still do not understand how this happened. I only run the new PBI 6.4.6 and everything got messed up.

Hope you have happy holidays!

Dear Rehabman. Thanks for your support. Finally I was able to find the problem. It was not a partitioning problem. All the files in the EFI partition got deleted. Unclear how this happened. I was able to boot with a Clover stick and regenerate the EFI files with the PBI. The only question I have left, is that I lost the windows files in the EFI folder so I cannot boot into windows any more. Is there an easy way to get them back or do I need to reinstall windows again?

Rehabman. Somehow I had a backup of the EFI folder and I found the Microsoft files. Thanks for all your support. I still do not understand how this happened. I only run the new PBI 6.4.6 and everything got messed up.

Hope you have happy holidays!

For the future: You can regenerate Windows EFI files with BCDBOOT.EXE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back