Contribute
Register

iMac iSight Model Power Supply Unleashed

Status
Not open for further replies.
First off, as a new user, I want to say thank you for logging all your projects so thoroughly. This site is such a valuable resource for those of us attempting apple mods.

I'm in the process of adapting a 20" iMac G5 iSight (A1145) to be used as an external monitor (via HDMI). On this forum and a few others there have been some very helpful discussions, but most apply to earlier generation G5's, or G5's with the 17" screen (as in your case). Thanks to this post and the youtube videos referenced therein, I've managed to sort out powering the monitor backlight by jumpering pins on the cables coming out of the iMac's PSU and inverter board.

But I have conflicting information on how much voltage (VCC) needs to be sent to the LCD itself via the 30-pin connector. This forum and others say its 12V. But after peeling back the metal shield on the connector opposite the LCD's 30-pin, I see that it's clearly labeled as 3.3V.

small_connector_1.jpg

Anyone have any insight into the disparity?

The LCD in question is for a 20" iMac iSight with the following monitor: LM201W01(ST)(B2).

Thanks again for such a great forum—I only wish I'd found it sooner!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back