Contribute
Register

iMac G3 Test Bench / Show case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Want to say a "Thank You" here - I'm starting my own G3 mod, great job on the teardown.

Want to say a "Thank You" here - I'm starting my own G3 mod, great job on the teardown.

Thanks - I'll look forward to reading your new thread. Good luck.

This mod is now next in line to be continued/finished so in the next couple of weeks there should be some updates!

Yeah…it will get finished. Issue with this one at the moment is the darn display…….ironic that a Mac Book Pro screen won't play nicely in this build.
I know this lcd is a bit pricey, but something like this would work, no? Just in case I get a hold of an iMac for a little brother to my eHack.
http://www.lcdparts.net/MS150R43LEDX2.aspx

I know this lcd is a bit pricey, but something like this would work, no? Just in case I get a hold of an iMac for a little brother to my eHack.
http://www.lcdparts.net/MS150R43LEDX2.aspx

Yes, that looks like it would fit the outer dimensions of the case, in the same way that the MBP screen will. Remember though it will not fit inside the case, as that is set up for old style 14" screens instead of widescreen new ones. The nice thing about the MBP screen was that even outside the case it looks good, because it is super thin and is built into the sleek MBP top case.The linked one looks quite clunky and I see that it also has quite a low native resolution.

Now I have finished my Cube build I will be coming back to this one (maybe by the end of this week) so I will put up some pic.s of how I want it to look so that you can see what i mean.

Remember though it will not fit inside the case, as that is set up for old style 14" screens instead of widescreen new ones. The nice thing about the MBP screen was that even outside the case it looks good, because it is super thin and is built into the sleek MBP top case.The linked one looks quite clunky and I see that it also has quite a low native resolution.

Now I have finished my Cube build I will be coming back to this one (maybe by the end of this week) so I will put up some pic.s of how I want it to look so that you can see what i mean.
I see what you mean. Thanks for the heads up. Looking forward to seeing your iMac.

Have you ever ended with this mod? It looks awesome, but have past a lot of time since your late update... Wishing that you have any news :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back