Contribute
Register

iCloud Mountain Lion Issue Unable to sign in

Status
Not open for further replies.
This worked for me:

1. Go to system preferences, network, click on the Ethernet network adapter, click the minus button at the bottom, hit apply.*

2. Go to /Library/Preferences/System Configuration/NetworkInterfaces.Plist and delete it or move it somewhere else. (just in case)

3. Open up EFI studio (Download: http://cl.ly/2s3Y0K1n0d2g2s222V1P), change device to Ethernet, then click add device. Click write to com.apple.boot.plist then put the app to the side for now.*

4. Copy this:

<key>device-properties</key>
<string></string>

5. Paste that in your org.Chameleon.boot.plist file which is located in /extra/org.chameleon.boot.plist. The key and the string match up with the others. Go back to the EFI Studio editor.

6. Copy the long number at the bottom and paste it in between the two strings in your chameleon boot plist file.

7. Save & Restart*

8. Go in to system preferences, then network, then click the plus button at the bottom.

9. Click add in the window that pops up. It should say "Ethernet". If it has "en1" or "en0" after it, then repeat the above steps.

10. After adding that hit apply and restart one last time.*

11. Go to Safari to check that you're getting internet connectivity, then continue signing into iCloud and/or the App Store!

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ERhsM9pFGI

EDIT: Upon further review, it seems this is the same solution that rocrazypl posted here (#post448339) but accomplished slightly differently.

Not working for me. After restarting my system I lost the Ethernet entry in my network-preferences. When I hit the + Button there is no Ethernet anymore. Even after undoing all the steps I can't find an Ethernet-entry anymore…

Any ideas how to get it back?

Not working for me. After restarting my system I lost the Ethernet entry in my network-preferences. When I hit the + Button there is no Ethernet anymore. Even after undoing all the steps I can't find an Ethernet-entry anymore…

Any ideas how to get it back?

Ethernet is back again after the Installation of the following kext-file:
AppleIntelE1000e.kext

And I am back into the iCloud!!!

THX :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back