Contribute
Register

iCloud Mountain Lion Issue Unable to sign in

Status
Not open for further replies.
This method doesn't always solve the problem. The problem for me was that I use a natively supported AirPort card on my PC. When I first booted up to ML it didn't detect my onboard ethernet. This caused the AirPort card to get assigned to the BSD name "en0" (see attached pic). You need to have your ethernet card assigned to "en0" to log into iCloud.

The way I resolved this was by installing the kext for my onboard ethernet and finally rebooting the machine without the PCI AirPort card in the computer. Once I did this the ethernet was assigned to "en0" and I was able to sign into iCloud. After that I just turned off the computer and put the PCI AirPort card back in, and all was good.

This worked for me but I also had to delete NetworkInterfaces.plist in Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration and also pull out my PCI AirPort card and PCI Firewire card.

Thanks stuckwithme247!!!

This method doesn't always solve the problem. The problem for me was that I use a natively supported AirPort card on my PC. When I first booted up to ML it didn't detect my onboard ethernet. This caused the AirPort card to get assigned to the BSD name "en0" (see attached pic). You need to have your ethernet card assigned to "en0" to log into iCloud.

The way I resolved this was by installing the kext for my onboard ethernet and finally rebooting the machine without the PCI AirPort card in the computer. Once I did this the ethernet was assigned to "en0" and I was able to sign into iCloud. After that I just turned off the computer and put the PCI AirPort card back in, and all was good.

Had the same problem. Supported Airport card was first identified. Deleted the ethernet connections and added again without wi-fi enabled and that solved the problem. I did not have to remove the card physically.

I have the same problem, and i tried anything, to change the serial, deleted com.apple.network.configuration.plist NetworkInterfaces.plist, with the airport disable, and nothing.

Any ideea ?

Also even i type a wrong password i've got the same error. Pls Help

I've just solved my problem with signing into iCloud. I was getting the message that I had a valid Apple ID but it wasn't an iCloud account. Tried all the tips and nothing worked but finally sussed it out.
I'm using a separate Sonnet Network Interface Card. I removed this and installed the drivers from Multibeast for the motherboard's built in network port which I then enabled in BIOS. Logged into iCloud no problem using the built-in network port. I then shutdown, reinstalled the Sonnet card, disabled the builtin network port, started OSX and it still worked! Even tried logging in and out of iCloud to few times just to make sure. Whoop.
Hope this helps someone.

Hi all again.

I solve the problem, seems to be more easy then we expect. Try to generate an UUID code from this page http://www.famkruithof.net/uuid/uuidgen.
After that add this code to your boot.plist file from /Extra like:

<key>SystemId</key>
<string> code </string>

That's all. It's working. FaceTime , Appstore, iCloud, iTunes.

Try this.

When you say "<key>SystemId</key>" Should it be entered like that or do we need to substitute SystemID for something? Thanks! And should there be spaces before and after the code, i'm guessing no but I'm not that great at encoding haha

Hi, what do you need to do is only to replace the"code" with the obtained string from that site.

i have tried everything i can find and no dice.
and after this one, my sound doesn't work. oy.

(edit)
i forgot i updated to 10.8.2.
trying to fix it now.

u need to reinstall the drivers with multi beast and run kext utility after, but u must have an other working mac partition.
I have an snow leopard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back