Contribute
Register

i7-4930K - Asus Rampage IV Extreme - 32GB RAM - GTX 770 4GB [Success!!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all thank you so much for this awesome guide.

Previously, with p9x79-e ws + Clover combo, I've never been able to reach the installer. But by following this guide, I was able to successfully install 10.12 (except nvidia graphics.)

MB: Asus p9x79-e ws
CPU: 4930k
GPU: GTX 970 (in PCI slot #3)
USB: Inateck 7 Ports PCI-E to USB 3.0 Expansion Card (in PCI slot#2)
No other PCI cards Slot# 1,4,5,6,7 is empty

As you can see PCI slot #1 is empty. But I can't use it because CPU fan is too big to put the GTX card in PCI slot#1.

So this brings me to the SSDT question. In the provided files, there is no SSDT for slot #3. So when I just try to use SSDT-1.aml, obviously I get the black screen during boot. If I put nvdisable flag everything works normally excepy the nvidia.

How should I go about fixing this problem? How can I make a SSDT for my GTX 970 in PCI slot 3? Is there any apps or wizard that would help me create this SSDT file? Any suggestion on this would be very much appreciated. Thank you so much in advance!

Last edited:
Thanks dude! You wrote an awesome Guide. I've tried everything to get macOS working on my Machine... But with the help of your Guide I managed it! :)

But I got a last Question.
I think my System runs on 6 Cores... I don't know how to enable Hyper Threading. When I check my BIOS its set to Enabled but in macOS there are just 6 Cores running.

Do you know the answer for my question?

Sincerly xqL666
hwmonitor and system information will only show you core count. With hyper threading you get 2 "threads" per "core" equaling 12 threads. MenuMeters will show you threads.

First of all thank you so much for this awesome guide.

Previously, with p9x79-e ws + Clover combo, I've never been able to reach the installer. But by following this guide, I was able to successfully install 10.12 (except nvidia graphics.)

MB: Asus p9x79-e ws
CPU: 4930k
GPU: GTX 970 (in PCI slot #3)
USB: Inateck 7 Ports PCI-E to USB 3.0 Expansion Card (in PCI slot#2)
No other PCI cards Slot# 1,4,5,6,7 is empty

As you can see PCI slot #1 is empty. But I can't use it because CPU fan is too big to put the GTX card in PCI slot#1.

So this brings me to the SSDT question. In the provided files, there is no SSDT for slot #3. So when I just try to use SSDT-1.aml, obviously I get the black screen during boot. If I put nvdisable flag everything works normally excepy the nvidia.

How should I go about fixing this problem? How can I make a SSDT for my GTX 970 in PCI slot 3? Is there any apps or wizard that would help me create this SSDT file? Any suggestion on this would be very much appreciated. Thank you so much in advance!
As far as I can remember, I'm not sure what the compatibility of SSDT-0 is for your E-WS board. I'd like to see your original ACPI tables and ioreg to verify. As for the GPU, there is SSDTs for different generations of nvidia cards for the different slots in the post install folder. I would make sure that your board's "slot 3" matches the device name of my SSDT-3 before using it though. You can find more info including instructions to make your own here:
https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/ssdt-gpu-graphics-card-injection.183354/

Also, you could post a ioreg and the origin folder containing your original ACPI files extracted by clover (see the guide above) and I'll take a look to verify compatibility

Thank you so much for the reply Shilohh!

As for the GPU, there is SSDTs for different generations of nvidia cards for the different slots in the post install folder.
For my GTX 970 in PCI slot3, I was looking into this folder but couldn't find SSDT-3.aml
Post Install>ACPI>Nvidia Maxwell (5port) HDMI GPU SSDT>
SSDT-1.aml
SSDT-2.aml
SSDT-4.aml
SSDT-6.aml
But it's ok I will take a shot at making one with your guide.

post a ioreg and the origin folder containing your original ACPI files extracted by clover

Please pardon my ignorance. I've been using chameleon too long. So I just wanted make sure how to get these files to you.

For ioreg,
I just need to use IORegistryExplorer and save a copy and attach it here right?

And for the original ACPI files,
Clover GUI > F4 > mount EFI > then send you the config.plist from the mounted EFI/CLOVER/config.plist ?

Last edited:
Thank you so much for the reply Shilohh!

For my GTX 970, I was looking into this folder but couldn't find SSDT-3.aml
Post Install>ACPI>Nvidia Maxwell (5port) HDMI GPU SSDT>
SSDT-1.aml
SSDT-2.aml
SSDT-4.aml
SSDT-6.aml
But it's ok I will take a shot at making one with your guide.

Please pardon my ignorance. I've been using chameleon too long. So I just wanted make sure how to get these files to you.

For ioreg,
I just need to use IORegistryExplorer and save a copy and attach it here right?

And for the original ACPI files,
Clover GUI > F4 > mount EFI > then send you the config.plist from the mounted EFI/CLOVER/config.plist ?
Yes open ioregistryexplorer and save. Zip that up with the EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder. That folder will have a bunch of .aml files. Those are what I'll need to look at. Oh and yes you'll need to f4 at the gui to extract those files first.

Yes open ioregistryexplorer and save. Zip that up with the EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched folder. That folder will have a bunch of .aml files. Those are what I'll need to look at. Oh and yes you'll need to f4 at the gui to extract those files first.

Wow thank you so much for the quick reply! I'll do that as soon as I go home. Thanks again Shilohh!

Hello Shilohh,
Hope these are correct files you asked for. Attached below. Please take a look when you get a chance and any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks again!

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    3.5 MB · Views: 81
  • MacProIOR.ioreg
    6.3 MB · Views: 79
Hello Shilohh,
Hope these are correct files you asked for. Attached below. Please take a look when you get a chance and any help would be very much appreciated. Thanks again!
Based on what I see in the user manual for your board, I'd use slot 1 or slot 5 for your primary GPU. Also, your GPU in slot 3 is loaded to NPE7 which has three different child PCI bridges, which makes things a little more complicated. Can you move the GPU to slot 5 and save me a new IOReg?

Based on what I see in the user manual for your board, I'd use slot 1 or slot 5 for your primary GPU. Also, your GPU in slot 3 is loaded to NPE7 which has three different child PCI bridges, which makes things a little more complicated. Can you move the GPU to slot 5 and save me a new IOReg?

Shilohh, thank you so much for taking a look at those files.
Sure. I will move the GPU to 5 and repost the IOreg tonight.

Hello Shilohh,
haha after some pushing and pulling, I was able to squeeze gtx970 into PCI slot 1.
Here is IOReg. Thanks again for your help!!!

Attachments

• MacProIOR_v2.ioreg
    8.9 MB · Views: 106
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back