Contribute
Register

Hp probook G1 450 / bluetooth question and restart question

Status
Not open for further replies.
i looked 10 times no luck. as admin as guest .. no BT enable disable function. Do i need to update Bios? because this computer is new and i didn't do and bios update

Please read #12.

If you don't reply, I won't annoy you anymore.

it wasn't present until i changed the combo card with the pre-instaled one. So windows has " found" the drivers for the new hardware but i cannot see any BT devices or be seen by others. I ve checked all options in settings ( discoverable, send receive etc..) .. But no luck! :/

Why IVT Bluetooth Filter? I expected Broadcom Bluetooth. Can you connect to Bluetooth devices in Windows?

Try removing your Broadcom wifi card, does bluetooth disappear in Windows?

it wasn't present until i changed the combo card with the pre-instaled one. So windows has " found" the drivers for the new hardware but i cannot see any BT devices or be seen by others. I ve checked all options in settings ( discoverable, send receive etc..) .. But no luck! :/

In short, does Bluetooth device disappear if you remove the broadcom combo card or not. I suspect your card does not have bluetooth at all. Check yourself in Windows to figure out.

If Windows can't get Bluetooth work, don't expect OS X will work.

It seems likely your card's BT is broken (it should have it as it is 'HMB').

Yes. probably its broken.. I order it from eBay .. and didn't tried anywhere else. i don't see any more possible solution here.. if somebody has any other idea i ll be happy to try it.
So thanks a lot Mr Nguyenmac and Mr Rehab Man for advices !! Big up for the people who did Clover installation its so easy if you know how to read step by step! Applause:clap:

What is your bluetooth vendor id - device id?

Is there a list of BCM devices that requires firmware patching?
I installed my new BCM 4352 HMB
  • VID: 0a5c
  • PID: 21fb (HP)
  • Chipset (Bluetooth) 20702A3
  • Firmware: v14 c4xxx (something I can't remember)

I just installed TolediaAPRT.kext & BCM4352.kext from Toledia's Reop. and AirportExtreme patch + 5Ghz XT patch from Clover configurator.

Wifi seems to work however could not test bluetooth with my iPhone(connect and disconnect immediately) before I shutdown the machine for the day. Not sure if it requires firmware patching or not but anyway I installed BTFirmwareUploader kext which seems redundant to me for my device id. Any insight ?

Edit: Been reading http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/1...ware-into-broadcom-bluetooth-usb-devices.html which seems to list device Ids including mine and more insights on my questions...

Is there a list of BCM devices that requires firmware patching?
I installed my new BCM 4352 HMB
  • VID: 0a5c
  • PID: 21fb (HP)
  • Chipset (Bluetooth) 20702A3
  • Firmware: v14 c4xxx (something I can't remember)

I just installed TolediaAPRT.kext & BCM4352.kext from Toledia's Reop. and AirportExtreme patch + 5Ghz XT patch from Clover configurator.

Wifi seems to work however could not test bluetooth with my iPhone(connect and disconnect immediately) before I shutdown the machine for the day. Not sure if it requires firmware patching or not but anyway I installed BTFirmwareUploader kext which seems redundant to me for my device id. Any insight ?

Edit: Been reading http://www.tonymacx86.com/network/1...ware-into-broadcom-bluetooth-usb-devices.html which seems to list device Ids including mine and more insights on my questions...

If BrcmPatchRam supports your device, that's the kext I recommend you use...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back