Contribute
Register

HP ProBook 4x30s (4330, 4430, 4530, 4730) patches -- Updated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Perfect RM M! So I will use your solution (that is not experimental (beta?) anymore, right?).
I have to use the all_exp.txt to have only your fan solution and all the other "normal" patches (I don't have an 1080 screen), correct?

Yup.

fyi - after frustrating ASOD - apple screen of death, where you have to hold the power button to shutdown and start again. i did the custom dsdt.

so a quick update for those who also get the odd issues like ASOD's or similar, my test system is working stable, faster boot, snappier feel,if it looks ok i'll do a fresh gm sometimes xmas 2012, for daily use.

just tested out a new game callled robotTimesII, and it had my cpu warming up, and the cpu fan on full blast? 5k rpm abouts, anyone know the max rpm? the temp was about 65 to 70c. but the fan sounded like a jet engine on take off or supersonic

is there a way to set the fan speed relative to rpm? its generally about 3000 rpm for stuff like web browsing.

is it possible to manually set the fan to something like

if temp is 70c to 85c , set fan rpm to 3500, ...4000, or any number?

if temp is 85 to 95 fan at min 4000 to 4500?

this is only an i3 cpu, those with an i7, is it whisper quiet on high loads?

just tested out a new game callled robotTimesII, and it had my cpu warming up, and the cpu fan on full blast? 5k rpm abouts, anyone know the max rpm? the temp was about 65 to 70c. but the fan sounded like a jet engine on take off or supersonic

Top reported fan speed is just shy of 5k, if I remember right.

is there a way to set the fan speed relative to rpm? its generally about 3000 rpm for stuff like web browsing.

is it possible to manually set the fan to something like

if temp is 70c to 85c , set fan rpm to 3500, ...4000, or any number?

if temp is 85 to 95 fan at min 4000 to 4500?

this is only an i3 cpu, those with an i7, is it whisper quiet on high loads?

Mine is generally off for web browsing. But yes, you can set the top speed to something different (the fan controller runs in steps though, so you can't set an aribitrary rpm)... read up on the fan thread. FTAB in DSDT in particular. BTW, TjMax is 85C for the i3-2310m (PGA).

Top reported fan speed is just shy of 5k, if I remember right.

Mine is generally off for web browsing. But yes, you can set the top speed to something different (the fan controller runs in steps though, so you can't set an aribitrary rpm)... read up on the fan thread. FTAB in DSDT in particular. BTW, TjMax is 85C for the i3-2310m (PGA).

thanks will read about it over w/end. its the 12 days of xmas drinking, might be sober by then.

my fan for web browsing is always been on, about 3000 - 3500 for temps about 60-65c

hope its possible to have the fan run quiet ie at lower speeds and higher temps, something like 1500 to 2000 for temps up to 65c 70c

Your instructions to compile the patched DSDT.AML say "After it is done, click Close. Do not move onto the next step right away. Instead, wait for DSDT Editor to parse the results of the patch. It will do this a few seconds after you close the patch window. You will notice the progress indicator in the lower right light up and start animating. When the progress indication animation stops, you are ready to compile and save your patched DSDT."

I don't get any animation. How can I tell if the file was patched at all?

Your instructions to compile the patched DSDT.AML say "After it is done, click Close. Do not move onto the next step right away. Instead, wait for DSDT Editor to parse the results of the patch. It will do this a few seconds after you close the patch window. You will notice the progress indicator in the lower right light up and start animating. When the progress indication animation stops, you are ready to compile and save your patched DSDT."

I don't get any animation. How can I tell if the file was patched at all?

You were probably just "not there" when the re-parse happened (it can happen before you click Close if you're not around to click Close right away).

If the patch worked, the DSDT will compile without errors. Without the patches, it will not compile without errors. That's the easiest way to tell. Please note errors are different from warnings/remarks/optimizations (those are normal).

Thanks. I assumed your instructions in that section are for those altering the individual files. I just used your All.txt [did not assemble my own] with my vanilla DSDT since I was not changing any of the component files--is that fine to do?

Thanks. I assumed your instructions in that section are for those altering the individual files. I just used your All.txt [did not assemble my own] with my vanilla DSDT since I was not changing any of the component files--is that fine to do?

The instructions as far as waiting for patches to be complete apply to any method of applying patches with DSDT Editor. It has quirks (I would call them bugs, but...)

And yes, you can use use all.txt (standard screen, noisy fan) or all_exp.txt (standard screen, silent fan) unmodified...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back