Contribute
Register

HP ProBook 4530s Mountain Lion process

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, here is the method I have used to get my ProBook 4530s up and running well.

First, thanks to IOSBeast and aslvda Boot 0: fix and USB 3.0 Fix.

1. Make install flash drive with Unibeast 1.5 Mountain Lion Version

2. Boot -x -v with Install Flash Drive (Use USB Keyboard and Mouse)

3. After install boot -x -v to boot into Mountain Lion Partition

4. Install Mountain Lion AHCI Patch to fix "waiting for root device error" (File attached below)

5. Run ProBook Installer Version 4. Select OSX version 10.7.4, Chimera, Ethernet Kext, Select your proper DSDT, SSDT, and system definition

6. Use kext wizard to install PXHCD.kext, IOUSBFamily.kext, and IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext for USB 3.0 (search for
PXHCD.kext for Mountain Lion in google and you should find all these kexts on the same site)

7. Use kext wizard to install IOath3kfrmwr.kext from the ProBook 5 Installer Kexts Folder to enable bluetooth.

8. Resart and you should be good to go

9. If you can't boot without Unibeast drive and get the Boot 0: Error follow this link for the fix( How to fix the boot0 error for your Hackintosh )

Just wanted to be clear on what is not working as well. I believe these are things that nobody has working.

1. Radeon Card is detected by System Report but I don't believe there is support for this and no way to switch to it.
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x6760
Revision ID: 0x0000

2. I have no way to test the Express Card/34 slot so not sure if anyone is getting this working.

So far everything else seems to be working pretty well including SD Card Reader. I just redid this install just to be sure. Please feel free to let me know if you have questions or notice anything not working. Again, thanks to everyone who contributes to this site and forum.

Edit: I have now made a new install flash drive using Unibeast 1.5.1 and can confirm that a usb keyboard and mouse are no longer needed. Also the -x -v boot flags are no longer needed to boot the installer drive or first boot into mountain lion partition after install.

Hello again. Update for dvd drive: If i leave a dvd or cd inside the drive and boot mountain lion, it can be recognised! o_O
If its empty then it does not work...

Very weird right?

When I get crad reader working and finish working on the installer

Cardreader is definitive working with Probook Installer 4 (don´t know which kext to use?).

I recognized that the cpu fan is loud and that´s the only thing, that I would like to change. Which kexts do I have to install to get BigDonkey´s fan controll?

I´ve BIOS F09 and I´m running ML very well.
Fixed! Restarted multiple times and now working :crazy:

I´ve done following steps:

1) Created Unibeast 1.5.1 Mountain Lion Version USB drive
2) Booted the Unibeast Installation with DSDT bootflag on my flashdrive (DSDT=dsdt.aml). I placed my old DSDT of 10.7.4 on the root of my Unibeast flashdrive in advance.
3) Installed ML and rebooted -> Took a while to boot.
4) Installed Mountain Lion AHCI Patch to fix "waiting for root device error" from user aschewe (I even don´t know if this was necessary?)
5) Then I ran ProBook Installer Version 4. Selected OSX version 10.7.4, Chimera 1.10, Ethernet Kext, DSDT, SSDT, System Definition 8.2 and SMCpingDaemon (I had graphical glitches)
6) Rebooted and recognised that nearly everything is working! (also HDMI for external screen works perfectly)

Working atm:
+) 1080p screen
+) WIFI
+) Ethernet
+) Bluetooth (iPhone is found by Probook)
+) Audio
+) HDMI
+) Cardreader
+) USB 2.0 ports
+) USB 3.0 port
+) DVD drive
+) Sleep mode
+) Trackpad with 2 finger scroll gesture
+) Control buttons for brightness and loudness (on both all 16 steps are working!)

i´ve test it.. dont work for me... :(
i create a USB drive with unibeast 1.51 copy the dsdt.aml to root and boot with DSDT=dsdt.aml (-x -v dont work)
Then when I pressed enter the screen is black, neglected the apple logo and it´s reboot ...
with -v -x it´s load some files and than reboot
what can i do??

i´ve test it.. dont work for me... :(
i create a USB drive with unibeast 1.51 copy the dsdt.aml to root and boot with DSDT=dsdt.aml (-x -v dont work)
Then when I pressed enter the screen is black, neglected the apple logo and it´s reboot ...
with -v -x it´s load some files and than reboot
what can i do??

Strange. What happens if you boot without the DSDT? When I did this, the screen was crossed with green and red lines and resloution was wrong.
Did you use the new Unibeast 1.5.1?

I´m sorry but I cannot answer for the next week, because I´ll be on a vacation.

Strange. What happens if you boot without the DSDT? When I did this, the screen was crossed with green and red lines and resloution was wrong.
Did you use the new Unibeast 1.5.1?

I´m sorry but I cannot answer for the next week, because I´ll be on a vacation.

yes i use Unibeast 1.5.1 + Mountain Lion (Appstore)
when i boot without DSDT same complete black screen ,neglected the apple logo and it´s reboot

yes i use Unibeast 1.5.1 + Mountain Lion (Appstore)
when i boot without DSDT same complete black screen ,neglected the apple logo and it´s reboot

Did you try to recreate the USB thumb drive? Maybe there went something wrong in the building process?
Maybe wrong BIOS settings? HERE are my settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back