Contribute
Register

HP ProBook 4530s Mountain Lion process

Status
Not open for further replies.
What Kext are you using for the card reader?

How can i find it? Sorry but im not very experienced with hackintosh.. Also i havent used any extra kexts. Only the AHCI patch from aschewe's guide and selected the corresponding options from probook installer v4.
Didnt use the usb 3.0 kexts( my laptop doesnt have usb 3 ports) and the bluetooth kext cause i dont need it.

Fixed AppStore issue, only card reader left and everything's ready :)

Thanks!

Fixed AppStore issue, only card reader left and everything's ready :)

yeey! Thank you guys for all your work! It`s hard to believe that it only took 3 days to have a fully working ML 4330s :)

I reinstalled ML using aschewe guide and for now everything works beautifully. card reader, sleep, app store, temp readings and so on. My config is in the signature.
Thanks!

Ok, here is the method I have used to get my ProBook 4530s up and running well.

First, thanks to IOSBeast and aslvda Boot 0: fix and USB 3.0 Fix.

1. Make install flash drive with Unibeast 1.5 Mountain Lion Version

2. Boot -x -v with Install Flash Drive (Use USB Keyboard and Mouse)

3. After install boot -x -v to boot into Mountain Lion Partition

4. Install Mountain Lion AHCI Patch to fix "waiting for root device error" (File attached below)

5. Run ProBook Installer Version 4. Select OSX version 10.7.4, Chimera, Ethernet Kext, Select your proper DSDT, SSDT, and system definition

6. Use kext wizard to install PXHCD.kext, IOUSBFamily.kext, and IOUSBMassStorageClass.kext for USB 3.0 (search for
PXHCD.kext for Mountain Lion in google and you should find all these kexts on the same site)

7. Use kext wizard to install IOath3kfrmwr.kext from the ProBook 5 Installer Kexts Folder to enable bluetooth.

8. Resart and you should be good to go

9. If you can't boot without Unibeast drive and get the Boot 0: Error follow this link for the fix( How to fix the boot0 error for your Hackintosh )

Just wanted to be clear on what is not working as well. I believe these are things that nobody has working.

1. Radeon Card is detected by System Report but I don't believe there is support for this and no way to switch to it.
Type: GPU
Bus: PCIe
PCIe Lane Width: x16
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x6760
Revision ID: 0x0000

2. I have no way to test the Express Card/34 slot so not sure if anyone is getting this working.

So far everything else seems to be working pretty well including SD Card Reader. I just redid this install just to be sure. Please feel free to let me know if you have questions or notice anything not working. Again, thanks to everyone who contributes to this site and forum.

Ok, I too can now confirm the SD Card Reader is working perfectly with the install method above. I didn't have to add any extra kexts. I would be curious to see if anyone has an express card/34 to try and see if that works. Glad to see you guys are having some success with this method.

keyboard doesn't work in installation even usb keyboard :banghead:

Download the updated unibeast 1.5.1 and rebuild your USB installer. The laptop support been fix and you won't need the external USB keyboard and mouse.

hello I'll explain how I did it simply

installs mountain lion
Once finished installing used New Install ProBook 4
http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-probook-4530s/56451-official-release-new-probook-installer-4-a.html

10.7.4 option and other options needed
do not use the fix is not needed for graphical mountain lion

not restart after
installing these two kexts are patched the applecpupowermanagement.kext 10.08
and the original apple AppleIntelSNBGraphicsFB.kext 10.8 unpatched because I was not the patch to do

everything is worked except the audio on the HDMI, VGA not tested

Attachments

• KEXTS 10.8.zip
    190.1 KB · Views: 337
Ok, I too can now confirm the SD Card Reader is working perfectly with the install method above. I didn't have to add any extra kexts. I would be curious to see if anyone has an express card/34 to try and see if that works. Glad to see you guys are having some success with this method.

Can you give me the AppleMassStorage.kext form your /S/L/E?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back