Contribute
Register

HP Probook 450 G1 - OSX Mavericks Installation Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.
not working :)

when i use fn+key to change vol, slider in tray not moving and waves on sound icon not dissaper. only if sound gets zero. and if i use slider from tray then touching fn+key make volume max level.

Look like it's a "breakless" key, you can contact RehabMan to create a layout for your keymapping and fix it.

Look like it's a "breakless" key, you can contact RehabMan to create a layout for your keymapping and fix it.

@bonabona

First verify that you have a breakless key. Use my latest VoodooPS2 driver and use 'ioio -s ApplePS2Keyboard LogScanCodes 2' (in Terminal) to log both the down and up events to system.log. See if you're lacking the up event.

ioio: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ioio

You can't boot to Windows without CSM because you're using Windows Legacy. Reinstall Windows UEFI will help.

I'm pretty sure I installed Windows UEFI however I'm not sure how to confirm this. When I ran the installer I manually selected to boot from DVD UEFI. However, one thing I noticed is I can't run the installer with CSM off. It starts up but hangs on the "Starting Windows 7" splash screen. When I turn CSM on the installer runs properly though.

I'm pretty sure I installed Windows UEFI however I'm not sure how to confirm this. When I ran the installer I manually selected to boot from DVD UEFI. However, one thing I noticed is I can't run the installer with CSM off. It starts up but hangs on the "Starting Windows 7" splash screen. When I turn CSM on the installer runs properly though.

Win7 requires CSM.

OSX doesn't like CSM on and makes waking up from sleep unstable for me. I guess I'll just have to turn it on for Windows and off for OSX.

Or "upgrade" to Win8.1.

@bonabona

First verify that you have a breakless key. Use my latest VoodooPS2 driver and use 'ioio -s ApplePS2Keyboard LogScanCodes 2' (in Terminal) to log both the down and up events to system.log. See if you're lacking the up event.

ioio: https://github.com/RehabMan/OS-X-ioio

nope. pbi dosn't properly patch applehda on 450g1. this is the reason.

This appears to break 2D acceleration altogether for me and is stuck in 1024x768 resolution.

do u mean hdmi working for u?

nope. pbi dosn't properly patch applehda on 450g1. this is the reason.

I'm pretty sure that the 450 G0 code is same as 450 G1. If your audio is working, then PBI patch is working.

Also, AppleHDA has nothing to do with keyboard mapping of volume keys.

What was the result of logging with LogScanCodes=2 with the latest VoodooPS2? Note: To use the latest VoodooPS2 with this feature, you must build from sources.

I'm pretty sure that the 450 G0 code is same as 450 G1. If your audio is working, then PBI patch is working.

Also, AppleHDA has nothing to do with keyboard mapping of volume keys.

What was the result of logging with LogScanCodes=2 with the latest VoodooPS2? Note: To use the latest VoodooPS2 with this feature, you must build from sources.

nope :) founded by Sergey_Galan on ru apple community. his codec with changed id working like it must. when i told about button, i mean that when changing sound via fn+ not synced with sound icon waves in tray.

this is proper kext
Code:
https://mega.co.nz/#!QFp0nTBL!OlYN1F5zD4kx3hpO4BWe8YvUw7ERw7V9fYTIZx5whac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back