Contribute
Register

HP DV6-6xxx DV7-6xxx Mountain Lion 10.8.1 (DV7-6180sl)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, sorry can you help me for HP DV7 7202. i already try many solution but not start installation. thank's

Hi

first I want to say thanks for sharing your stuff,it helped me a lot!
next I have a question,how could you get your sleep to work?
I installed your "AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext" but again not working!

my laptop is a HP Pavilion dv6-6050se
CUP:Intel Core i5-2410M
Ram:4GB DDR3 1333Mhz
VGA:Intel HD Graphics 3000 + AMD Radeon HD 6770M (1GB GDDR5)

my bootloader is Chimera 1.11.1,and I Compiled my own DSDT using DSDT Editor and the patch for "DV6 Sandy Bridge GENERIC.txt" from olarila forum.

I used unibeast method and I'm on Mountain Lion 10.8.2

Greeting all - I was recently successful with install of ml 10.8.2 on my hp dv7-4280us. What allowed me to finally install was using -

cpus=1 PCIRoot=1 -v

You can leave the darkwake=0 or whatever it is. I hope that this will help someone.

After tweaking a few things, all hardware is working except for my Broadcom 43224ag wifi card (14e4:4353). If anyone knows a tweak to get this working, please let me know. TIA.

Esteban

hi guys . i have a Mountion Lion 10.8.2 Appstore version and i make a bootable flash drive with unibeast , but i can't boot to install with Unibeast bootloader , i tried -v-x pcirootuid=1 cpus=1 busratio=23 and arch=X86_64 and ... but it doesn't change anything .

i tried rboot LE and with the same code i finally installed ML 10.8.2 on my Hp pavilion dv6 6050se , but after install ending when my system restarts , i can't boot ML 10.8.2 installed on my system , everything that i do , it stops on System uptime timeout in nanoseconds . please tell me how did you install it on your HP :(

guys i finally installed a good ML 10.8.2 on my HP , everything work fine , just audio :( , and is there anyway to increase the LED brightness ??

Hey, I am hoping that someone on here more intelligent then I can give me some help or point to somewhere to get some help.

I have successfully installed 10.8.2 to my laptop and have gotten everything to work with the exception of the graphics. I have the hd3000 graphics and also the radeon. If i install the kext for the hd3000, I have acceleration and stuff, but it fails to output to my internal laptop screen. It will only support hdmi or vga...

Does anyone know how I can have my laptop screen output with my graphics card (I really dont care at this point if the hdmi or vga work)

Any help is much appreciated!

(Sorry if I'm hijacking this thread... I have spent more than a 2 weeks searching, trying, breaking, reinstalling, repeating and have finally ran out of ideas.)

It could be your screen is a dual-link. If so you need the dual-link DSDT patch. What resolution is it?

My screen is 1600x900

That is very likely dual-link. We use this patch on the ProBook for dual-link displays:

Code:
#   Inject HDMI info and dual-link into GFX0/IGPU   */
into method label _DSM parent_adr 0x00020000 remove_entry;
into device name_adr 0x00020000 insert
begin
Method (_DSM, 4, NotSerialized)\n
{\n
                    Store (Package (0x06)\n
                        {\n
                            "AAPL00,DualLink",\n 
                            Buffer (0x04)\n
                            {\n
                                0x01, 0x00, 0x00, 0x00\n
                            },\n 
                            "hda-gfx",\n 
                            Buffer (0x0A)\n
                            {\n
                                "onboard-1"\n
                            },\n 
                            "AAPL,snb-platform-id",\n 
                            Buffer (0x04)\n
                            {\n
                                0x00, 0x00, 0x01, 0x00\n
                            }\n
                        }, Local0)\n
                    DTGP (Arg0, Arg1, Arg2, Arg3, RefOf (Local0))\n
                    Return (Local0)\n 
               }\n
end;

You will need standard DTGP insertion too:

Code:
#   Insert standard DTGP entry
into method label DTGP remove_entry;
into definitionblock code_regex . insert
begin
Method (DTGP, 5, NotSerialized)\n
{\n
    If (LEqual (Arg0, Buffer (0x10)\n
            {\n
                /* 0000 */    0xC6, 0xB7, 0xB5, 0xA0, 0x18, 0x13, 0x1C, 0x44, \n
                /* 0008 */    0xB0, 0xC9, 0xFE, 0x69, 0x5E, 0xAF, 0x94, 0x9B\n
            }))\n
    {\n
        If (LEqual (Arg1, One))\n
        {\n
            If (LEqual (Arg2, Zero))\n
            {\n
                Store (Buffer (One)\n
                    {\n
                        0x03\n
                    }, Arg4)\n
                Return (One)\n
            }\n
            If (LEqual (Arg2, One))\n
            {\n
                Return (One)\n
            }\n
        }\n
    }\n
    Store (Buffer (One)\n
        {\n
            0x00\n
        }, Arg4)\n
    Return (Zero)\n
}
end;

Ello gents, I was redirected here by RehabMan (Thanks). I have a dv6-6047cl with nearly the same specs as the OP and same bios. My processor is an i7-2630QM, though. I have to use cpus=1 to boot and install and I can't seem to get chimera installed to the hard drive at all. Hopefully someone can push me in the right direction here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back