Contribute
Register

HP 350 G1 clover Yosemite post install advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.
The trackpad works, you just need to go to the trackpad settings in System Preferences and uncheck the portion that says:

Options
Ignore accidental trackpad....

One of you should run the debug version of VoodooPS2Controller to see if you can figure out why the input is being detected as accidental (all input is logged to system.log).

I don't mind helping someone out, but right now my laptop is barely functional. I still need to fix audio, install new wireless pci, patch my DSDT, SSDT for speedstep, fix my brightness, get dual boot to work.

Dual boot is weird, I renamed the Windows 8.1 EFI file and when I boot into Windows it fixes itself and goes back to being the default boot manager. Anyway I got a lot on my plate right now, but once I'm done getting this laptop 100% I can go back and swap out the PS2 trackpad kext and capture logs.

I do appreciate your help RehabMan and like I said I don't mind helping others if I can.

Thank you SpeedracerX!

Indeed, the trackpad works now that I have unchecked "Ignore accidental trackpad"!

Now I will go back to the multiboot issues...

Hello Rehabman,

I would like to run the debug version of VoodooPS2Controller, as you suggested.

So I unzipped "RehabMan-Voodoo-2014-1016.zip", and found a Debug directory.

Should I just use kextbeast to install the debug version of VoodooPS2Controller from that directory?

Will it automatically log to system.log when I reboot?

Thank you for your help...

Hello Rehabman,

I would like to run the debug version of VoodooPS2Controller, as you suggested.

So I unzipped "RehabMan-Voodoo-2014-1016.zip", and found a Debug directory.

Should I just use kextbeast to install the debug version of VoodooPS2Controller from that directory?

Will it automatically log to system.log when I reboot?

Thank you for your help...

Yes/Yes.

Hello ReHabman

I just ran the debug version of VoodooPS2Controller, as you suggested. I attached the log.

I am not sure how to interpret the data, though. Did the debug version work at all, or did something interfere with it?

Also, would you know of a checklist of all the things that must be verified when building a hackintosh? Right now, I can see I need to make the battery and the sound work, but I am sure there are other things I should check too.

Thank you

Manube

Attachments

• tplog.txt
    6 KB · Views: 209
Hello ReHabman

I just ran the debug version of VoodooPS2Controller, as you suggested. I attached the log.

I am not sure how to interpret the data, though. Did the debug version work at all, or did something interfere with it?

Also, would you know of a checklist of all the things that must be verified when building a hackintosh? Right now, I can see I need to make the battery and the sound work, but I am sure there are other things I should check too.

Thank you

Manube

Looks like you have it installed incorrectly:
Code:
Dec 17 09:04:14 localhost kernel[0]: Refusing new kext org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Controller, v1.8.13: a prelinked copy with a different executable UUID is already present.
Dec 17 09:04:14 localhost kernel[0]: Refusing new kext org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Keyboard, v1.8.13: a prelinked copy with a different executable UUID is already present.
Dec 17 09:04:14 localhost kernel[0]: Refusing new kext org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Mouse, v1.8.13: a prelinked copy with a different executable UUID is already present.
Dec 17 09:04:14 localhost kernel[0]: Refusing new kext org.rehabman.voodoo.driver.PS2Trackpad, v1.8.13: a prelinked copy with a different executable UUID is already present.

Make sure you don't have the kext both in /S/L/E and /EFI/Clover/kexts.

Right, there is probably another version of the kext in clover. Silly me!

Will check and run debug again...

Other than that: I would like to fix the battery status, which is missing. So I thought I would follow your guide "How to patch DSDT for working battery status".

But before I start doing things by hand, I wondered:

- should I try the "battery_HP-ProBook-4x0s-G1.txt" on my HP 350 G1?

- if not, would patchmatic do the same as what is detailed in your guide, but automatically?

Thank you for your answers...

Right, there is probably another version of the kext in clover. Silly me!

Will check and run debug again...

Other than that: I would like to fix the battery status, which is missing. So I thought I would follow your guide "How to patch DSDT for working battery status".

But before I start doing things by hand, I wondered:

- should I try the "battery_HP-ProBook-4x0s-G1.txt" on my HP 350 G1?

- if not, would patchmatic do the same as what is detailed in your guide, but automatically?

Thank you for your answers...

http://www.tonymacx86.com/hp-proboo...-install-yosemite-hp-laptops-clover-uefi.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back