Contribute
Register

How to Remove Clover boot.efi entries from the Boot Menu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks again for your help RehabMan. I did that as well. I even installed Mavericks and Windows 10 (currently working and booting as normal using clover bootloader) but when I f12 to enter the boot menu, the clover.efi entries for El Capitan are still present.

I don't see how UEFI entries can show in a BIOS without UEFI, but maybe the BIOS is actually UEFI capable, but disabled (because it was too buggy).

The original A13 Bios from Dell for the Inspiron 17R N7110 laptop is the Securecore Tiano locked version. I found an unlocked version from Bios mods that unlocked the Advanced Bios features to enable UEFI and subsequently GPT partiton support. The bios mod worked and I was able to install and boot into El Capitan... and it was working great. I then followed the instructions to add clover bootloader to the hard drive and that is when I saw the multiple entries in the boot menu (as a result of adding clover to the menu twice I presume). Then I resumed to F2 into the bios and that is when I started to experience the white/blank screen (No Bios Menu).

The original A13 Bios from Dell for the Inspiron 17R N7110 laptop is the Securecore Tiano locked version. I found an unlocked version from Bios mods that unlocked the Advanced Bios features to enable UEFI and subsequently GPT partiton support. The bios mod worked and I was able to install and boot into El Capitan... and it was working great. I then followed the instructions to add clover bootloader to the hard drive and that is when I saw the multiple entries in the boot menu (as a result of adding clover to the menu twice I presume). Then I resumed to F2 into the bios and that is when I started to experience the white/blank screen (No Bios Menu).

Using hacked BIOS is always risky.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back