Contribute
Register

How to Remove Clover boot.efi entries from the Boot Menu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. I ran Ubuntu 15.10 and installed efibootmgr. I run efibootmgr using sudo efibootmgr, and I get "EFI variables are not supported on this system" error.

Problem is your UEFI BIOS.

Yeah that is exactly my problem. I can't get into the bios to enable the UEFI option due to the clover entries. I am assuming that is the reason why my BIOS is blank when I F2 to attempt to access it. Anyway to remove the clover entries in legacy bios mode?

Anyway to remove the clover entries in legacy bios mode?

Not that I know of. Reset BIOS to defaults and/or cut power (remove CMOS battery).

Thanks for your help. I tried all that already. Nothing seems to work. I even reflashed the bios several times with no success. The entries still show up in the boot menu.

Thanks for your help. I tried all that already. Nothing seems to work. I even reflashed the bios several times with no success. The entries still show up in the boot menu.

Did you remove the main battery, and disconnect the CMOS battery... for some amount of time...

Yes and yes. I removed the main battery and removed the CMOS battery and left it over night. Put everything back together the next day and still the same issue. I cannot seem to remove those boot entries no matter what I do. There has to be a way to get those entries out of the bios/boot menu. I reflashed the bios successfully several times but the bios menu shows blank when I F2 the system and the clover.efi entries still show in the boot menu when I F12.

Yes and yes. I removed the main battery and removed the CMOS battery and left it over night. Put everything back together the next day and still the same issue. I cannot seem to remove those boot entries no matter what I do. There has to be a way to get those entries out of the bios/boot menu. I reflashed the bios successfully several times but the bios menu shows blank when I F2 the system and the clover.efi entries still show in the boot menu when I F12.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-help/175274-guide-remove-extra-clover-bios-boot-entries-prevent-further-problems.html

Buggy BIOS you have there. Flash official BIOS. Use Clover legacy.

Thank you P1lgrim for your assistance. I have followed those instructions to a T and still no success. I thought I could flash to stock and use legacy but still no luck in removing those entries. I even installed mavericks and windows 10 (current system state) to try and remove them using mac or windows and still not able to remove entries. This is so kray kray!!!

Thanks again for your help RehabMan. I did that as well. I even installed Mavericks and Windows 10 (currently working and booting as normal using clover bootloader) but when I f12 to enter the boot menu, the clover.efi entries for El Capitan are still present.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back