Contribute
Register

How To install and boot flags

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unplug your Windows HDD just for now.
Boot with flags "dart=0 PCIRootUID=1 GraphicsEnabler=No nv_disable=1 -v" and post the result.
Jeeze how did you know i had 2 windows hdds in there?

alright i got to the language selecter am i able to put yosemite on an ssd that has windows installed on it to?

OS X needs a HDD which having GUID Partition Table (GPT) for installation. If your current windows installation was done in UEFI Mode then the HDD Will be GPT and you can install OS X in an another partition (Should be formatted as Mac OS Extended (Journaled))

If your windows installation was done in legacy mode then you couldn't install the OS X on that drive.

OS X needs a HDD which having GUID Partition Table (GPT) for installation. If your current windows installation was done in UEFI Mode then the HDD Will be GPT and you can install OS X in an another partition (Should be formatted as Mac OS Extended (Journaled))

If your windows installation was done in legacy mode then you couldn't install the OS X on that drive.

I installed windows through a disk and put it onto my ssd

I installed windows through a disk and put it onto my ssd
Disk means DVD Right?? You boot into windows and open Disk Management then take properties of the SSD and check the Partition Style. Or in the OS X Installer open disk utility and then click on the SSD, details will ne visible on the bottom side of the disk utility window. There you can check whether is it a GPT or MBR Disk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back