Contribute
Register
Fixed what? With old version of what?

What did you do?

I want to share easy & stupid way to login Messages…

after my new mackintosh (Chimera 2.2.1 + OSX 10.9.1) cleanly installed
I primarily used [email protected] as my apple ID to login, experiencing “An error occurred during activation. Try again.” for a few days…

BUTTTTTT I successfully login by using [email protected]. The same Apple ID account is also linked to [email protected].

RECOMMEND USE @ME.COM AS LOGIN ID.

I want to share easy & stupid way to login Messages…

after my new mackintosh (Chimera 2.2.1 + OSX 10.9.1) cleanly installed
I primarily used [email protected] as my apple ID to login, experiencing “An error occurred during activation. Try again.” for a few days…

BUTTTTTT I successfully login by using [email protected]. The same Apple ID account is also linked to [email protected].

RECOMMEND USE @ME.COM AS LOGIN ID.

I think you can not create an me.com account anymore;

This did not work for me, I got the same error I get trying to use my regular Apple ID, I wish there was a simple fix for this, it has me considering returning to Mountain Lion so I can use Facetime and iMessage.

I have an older system that I am putting 10.8.5 on (see my profile), and I was having the same issue with Imessenger not working. I tried the fileVNRAM module Version 1.1.3, and that didn't work. So just out out of curiosity, I tried the older 1.1.2 file. It worked. I now have Imessenger, and Icloud working.

OK I got iMessage and Facetime working under Mavericks 10.9

Here is what I did.

Installed the version 1.1.2 of the nvram file, rebooted, no change.

Did some research and found a thread on insanelymac about iMessage, downloaded and installed a file called PlatformUUID.kext in S/L/E repaired permissions with kext utility, rebooted, no change.

Then I changed my apple ID password and it worked!

PM me if you want a link to the thread.

Just resetting my apple ID got rid of the "Contact Support" message. iMessage working on all my hacks. Some have "en1" and work!

So if my FaceTime, iCloud, and App Store are working perfectly, but iMessage is not... Is this a possible fix for my issue? It's very similar to what I've done already...

Is the NVRam file the difference maker?

I'd rather not dork with the system too much if I don't have to, I've never had a hack working this good so less is more! :)

Perhaps there is an easier method to tackling the iMessage issue when all the other services are working right?

Well, adding the NVRam file fixed my Messages app... And I do believe that was the last thing I needed to get working to be at 100% functionality on my Mavericks build... Thanks to the OP! Appreciate the info!

Back