Contribute
Register
Worked!

My mistakes? I didn't drop ".../modules" into ".../Extra". RTM.

Also upgraded Chameleon with Chameleon Wizard (great app!). Not sure if that was another factor, but you might try it if you run into trouble.

Thanks, @jaymonkey!

Hi! Help me, please! I have a Hackintosh with Mavericks 10.9.1. I did all of you sad, but iMessage still not working. Ethernet is en0, iCloud, Appstore and Facetime working good. Nvram 1.1.2. SmBios selected different. But no effect... Hack show me a message "Activation failed..." When i choose another e-mail (*@icloud.com) it show me 4-5 messages "Activation failed..." and then enter in Apple iD. But after 5 seconds logoff. After that "Activation failed..."

I trying to change password, but that don't solve the problem. After that when i change password in my iPad, my Hack show me a message about activation my e-mails in my iPad. But in Hack iMessage still don't activate....

Have any ideas? Please!

Sorry for my English...

Hello Abrams, I have the exact same issue as you. Tried everything you did. However, I have yet to do 1 thing which might help. You could add your credit card information to your account. This seems to help alot of people activate their imessage. I don't have a credit card so I unfortunately can't try this solution. The weird thing is imessage worked before with 10.9.1 but since I've reinstalled it stopped working.

I can confirm the CC method has worked on my end. I have tried everything else (including fresh installs of 10.8 and 10.9) and would never think adding a payment method for iMessage verification. I also removed the payment method afterwards and iMessage appears to be working properly still.

I can confirm the CC method has worked on my end. I have tried everything else (including fresh installs of 10.8 and 10.9) and would never think adding a payment method for iMessage verification. I also removed the payment method afterwards and iMessage appears to be working properly still.

Nice ! It is working for me.

Thanks

Not working for me. I had a PayPal connected to my account, changed to a CC, still no go. I tried all sorts of guides on top of yours, nothing works. Yesterday I used to get that contact customer service error message. Today it's "An error occurred during activation. Try again.".

Right now I'm here:
  • latest version of Chameleon
  • SystemId in chameleon.plist which does not come into effect (the one reported by System Information is still different)
  • Have the hackintosh using my MacBook Pro serial number and rest of smbios entries to match
  • 1.1.3 FileNVRAM.dylib in /Extra/modules

Is the UUID supposed to have anything to do with Messages login? Because what I'm trying to do now (and haven't found a way to) is clone my MacBook Pro specs (except for ethernet's mac address..) and see if that fixes it.

Any ideas anyone?

Right now I'm here:
  • latest version of Chameleon
  • SystemId in chameleon.plist which does not come into effect (the one reported by System Information is still different)
  • Have the hackintosh using my MacBook Pro serial number and rest of smbios entries to match
  • 1.1.3 FileNVRAM.dylib in /Extra/modules

FileNVRAM.dylib should be 1.1.2 not 1.1.3

Good Luck

This issue has been annoying me for over a week - tried a number of different methods with no joy, have clean installed 10.9.1 countless amounts of time BUT finally thanks to this community i've found my solution!!! Hope this helps someone else out there!!!!

On the Hackintosh

1)Clean installation of Maverick followed by multibeast installation and reboot

2)Remove all networks from “Networks” in System Pref. 

3)Remove networkinterfaces.plist from Mac HD>Library>Preferences>SystemConfiguration

4)Reboot

5)Add ethernet connection as 'en0' in “Networks” found in System Pref.*

6)Copy FILENVRAM.dylib 1.1.2 to Mac HD> Extras>Modules
7)Repair disk permissions using Disk Utility

8)Reboot

On the iPhone/iPad

1. Open Appstore
2. Scroll down and click on Apple ID
3. Click View Apple ID
4.Change Password and Verify, Add Payment Details and then click Done
5.Re-Enter new password on all devices that use that Apple ID to sign into iMessage and FaceTime on the iDevices first then over to the Hackintosh.

I want to share easy & stupid way to login Messages…

after my new mackintosh (Chimera 2.2.1 + OSX 10.9.1) cleanly installed
I primarily used [email protected] as my apple ID to login, experiencing “An error occurred during activation. Try again.” for a few days…

BUTTTTTT I successfully login by using [email protected]. The same Apple ID account is also linked to [email protected].

RECOMMEND USE @ME.COM AS LOGIN ID.

Thank you, thank you, thank you mate. This fix my problem, omg :D :D

Back